uniqs
share rss forum feed

nfgbrian

join:2002-05-21
Frederick, MD
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

Verizon LTE Data Meter

I recently purchased a Jetpack 4620L and activated in on the 3GB prepaid plan. After a day I realized this was not enough data so I called in and got it switched to the 10GB plan. They let me pay the difference between the two and upgraded my account. Since then the data meter in My Verizon has not been updated, instead it says Ive used 10230MB out of 10240, and hasn't moved since.

This is a bit of an inconvenience since I'm unable to track my usage. Anyone know what's going on here? It's been 2 days and hasn't moved. Is this normal behavior when switching plans in the middle of a billing cycle?

Thanks!

kcrudup

join:2001-05-04
Los Angeles, CA

No, VZW disabled the meter about a week ago as that makes it easier to f--k the consumer, as now we have no real-time meter of how much data we've used, so it's now easier to get hit by VZW's high-priced overages.
--
Kenneth Crudup, Los Angeles 90034

gdm
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-15
Mchenry, IL
kudos:3
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

No they didn't and take your tin foil hate off. Verizon is fixing the widget since the share plans weren't made for it. An updated version should be coming out.

nfgbrian, if you log into your account or the app it should show you the correct data usage still for that device. Depending on your phone you could put that to a share plan and not have to use the jetpack.

I do this with my Android device, just enable the hotspot and I can have up 8 or 10 devices use the phone as a hotspot.

nfgbrian

Frederick, MD
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to nfgbrian

Verizon only offers LTE out where I live. No cdma. Im with us cellular for phone service or else I would switch in a heart beat. Funny when I log into my account it stills shows I've used all my data. It was working correctly until I switched plans and up until then I'd only used 200mb. immediately after I switched it went up to 10230mb. Guess ill give it time to update.

kcrudup

join:2001-05-04
Los Angeles, CA
reply to gdm

said by gdm:

No they didn't and take your tin foil hate off. Verizon is fixing the widget since the share plans weren't made for it.

Most people aren't on (and likely won't be on) one of their rip-off shared- data plans, so right now they know how much singular data I've used- so why can't they continue to show the vast majority of us how much we're using still?
--
Kenneth Crudup, Los Angeles 90034

gdm
Premium,MVM
Mchenry, IL
reply to nfgbrian

If you just changed it does take a few days to update. Check it on Friday and if nothing call into support.

gdm
Premium,MVM
Mchenry, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to kcrudup

Because it's the same app so it has to be updated for all. As I stated you can login right now and check your usage with the app itself.

The share everything isn't for everyone but for families with alot of lines/devices or businesses it does save money.

nfgbrian

Frederick, MD
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to nfgbrian

Im not sure I have a way to access the app. I use a windows phone and don't have access to an android or iPhone. Unless there is a program for mac OSX I can use, then I am stuck with the my Verizon website. At least its prepaid and I shouldn't be able to go over.

gdm
Premium,MVM
Mchenry, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

I don't think a windows mobile has an app yet for it.

The web site gives the same info as the app does. Like I said give it till tomorrow and if not call in. Also I think you can hit #DATA on your phone and it'll send you a free text message with data used the up to the day before you ask for it.

nfgbrian

Frederick, MD
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to nfgbrian

Still no go on the data meter. I don't have a verizon phone so I can only view the meter on the website. I'll call monday. I've been using a bit of data, would nice to see it reflected online so I know how much I have left. Can't really afford another 90 dollars this month...

nfgbrian

Frederick, MD
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to nfgbrian

Is anyone else having issues with the data meter? I just renewed on the 10GB plan and the meter is still showing I've used 10230 out of 10240MB used. I had the same problem last month and I was not able to track my useage. Luckily I did not go over, but I have no idea if I even came close to using 10 gigabytes. I figure I'll give them a call if no one else is having this issue, but I just want to make sure its not a known problem before I waste my time.

Thanks!

gdm
Premium,MVM
Mchenry, IL

All of our phones are working. Sounds like an issue with your account.

MagicalPig

join:2008-07-25
reply to nfgbrian

OK, It seems like he isn't having a issue with his Phone\APP at all. It is only the website.

When I logged into my account (WEB) it showed:

0.047GB of 4.000GB

Which is about correct for me.

So I ask if anyone:

1: Switched to the 10GB (or any other) plan in the middle of a cycle and had this problem.

OR

2: Has a 10GB plan and are seeing the same thing.

nfgbrian

Frederick, MD
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to nfgbrian

Yeah I don't have a verizon wireless phone so there is no way I can check from the app. I can only view my data through the website. It worked when I had the 3GB plan for half a day and then since I've switched it says I'm maxed out the minute after I top up. This is a prepaid account so I'm unable to go over.

gdm
Premium,MVM
Mchenry, IL

I wonder if its a glitch with the prepaid and the fact that it's not a phone.

I'd call into them, pointing towards a system issue.

why60loss

join:2012-09-20
reply to gdm

I think he should keep that tin hat on becuase of what I have seen and then read on verizon's forum's about data use/reporting.

If it was "just needing a update" again then ware is it.

gdm
Premium,MVM
Mchenry, IL

I have no problem on the data share plan I'm on. I've talked to others as well with no problem.

why60loss

Reviews:
·Comcast
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon Wireless..
·CenturyLink
·AT&T Wireless Br..

You said they just need to update the data use wig, but I have not seen it. When are they going to bring back auto data useage update?

Never, becuase they want to mess you over.

I would go to t-moblie before I would ever eat $50 per 1GB plan.

That's all I have to say about it.

gdm
Premium,MVM
Mchenry, IL

They did. The app for Android widget has been out for awhile.

I can see my data usage on my phone and my account with no problem.

why60loss

I was talking about AUTO UPDATING DATA USE. Not the click wait 1 min or 2 just to see your data use.

Any way, I am just glad I have unlimited data so I don't need to care about data use.

gdm
Premium,MVM
Mchenry, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

Not that big of deal to me. The auto update means nothing. I always clicked on it before because that gave me the most up to date. The auto update lagged behind.

I had unlimited and and the highest data I ever used was 3GB in one month. That was long travel month with some streaming involved. Otherwise I've never gone above 1GB in a typical month.

I have 9 phones and 1 iPad on 20gigs shared and we average about 7-10 gigs unless any of the 9 users are traveling alot. So we have buffer room and don't have to worry.

why60loss

Reviews:
·Comcast
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon Wireless..
·CenturyLink
·AT&T Wireless Br..

If I only used 1GB a month, then I would not even pay for data. That may just be me. I have never used under 10GB on verzion and have went all the way up to 89GB, but then again TWC is no fun so yea. I am just going to guess that none of you do youtube, netflix or any thing like that. I don't even want to know what your bill look's like for all of that data + 30-40 a phone and a ipad.

Any way, I hope none on your plan ever go on a trip and hotspot 50GB of netflix. (Then I really would not want to see the bill)

Good luck to all on the low cap data plan's.

szym9341

join:2012-11-10
reply to nfgbrian

This is the only thread that I found regarding the 4620 and using a prepaid service. Verizon only advertises the old 4510 jetpack on their site in the 'prepaid' area. If I were to pickup a used 4620 from eBay, does anyone know how/if I can use it with a prepaid service? Do I need a SIM? Any help would be great.