Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

kcrudup

join:2001-05-04
Sunnyvale, CA
reply to nfgbrian

Re: Verizon LTE Data Meter

No, VZW disabled the meter about a week ago as that makes it easier to f--k the consumer, as now we have no real-time meter of how much data we've used, so it's now easier to get hit by VZW's high-priced overages.
--
Kenneth Crudup, Los Angeles 90034

gdm
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-15
Mchenry, IL
kudos:3
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
No they didn't and take your tin foil hate off. Verizon is fixing the widget since the share plans weren't made for it. An updated version should be coming out.

nfgbrian, if you log into your account or the app it should show you the correct data usage still for that device. Depending on your phone you could put that to a share plan and not have to use the jetpack.

I do this with my Android device, just enable the hotspot and I can have up 8 or 10 devices use the phone as a hotspot.

kcrudup

join:2001-05-04
Sunnyvale, CA
said by gdm:

No they didn't and take your tin foil hate off. Verizon is fixing the widget since the share plans weren't made for it.

Most people aren't on (and likely won't be on) one of their rip-off shared- data plans, so right now they know how much singular data I've used- so why can't they continue to show the vast majority of us how much we're using still?
--
Kenneth Crudup, Los Angeles 90034

gdm
Premium,MVM
Mchenry, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
Because it's the same app so it has to be updated for all. As I stated you can login right now and check your usage with the app itself.

The share everything isn't for everyone but for families with alot of lines/devices or businesses it does save money.

why60loss

join:2012-09-20
reply to gdm
I think he should keep that tin hat on becuase of what I have seen and then read on verizon's forum's about data use/reporting.

If it was "just needing a update" again then ware is it.

gdm
Premium,MVM
Mchenry, IL
I have no problem on the data share plan I'm on. I've talked to others as well with no problem.

why60loss

Reviews:
·Comcast
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon Wireless..
You said they just need to update the data use wig, but I have not seen it. When are they going to bring back auto data useage update?

Never, becuase they want to mess you over.

I would go to t-moblie before I would ever eat $50 per 1GB plan.

That's all I have to say about it.

gdm
Premium,MVM
Mchenry, IL
They did. The app for Android widget has been out for awhile.

I can see my data usage on my phone and my account with no problem.

why60loss

I was talking about AUTO UPDATING DATA USE. Not the click wait 1 min or 2 just to see your data use.

Any way, I am just glad I have unlimited data so I don't need to care about data use.

gdm
Premium,MVM
Mchenry, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
Not that big of deal to me. The auto update means nothing. I always clicked on it before because that gave me the most up to date. The auto update lagged behind.

I had unlimited and and the highest data I ever used was 3GB in one month. That was long travel month with some streaming involved. Otherwise I've never gone above 1GB in a typical month.

I have 9 phones and 1 iPad on 20gigs shared and we average about 7-10 gigs unless any of the 9 users are traveling alot. So we have buffer room and don't have to worry.

why60loss

Reviews:
·Comcast
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon Wireless..
If I only used 1GB a month, then I would not even pay for data. That may just be me. I have never used under 10GB on verzion and have went all the way up to 89GB, but then again TWC is no fun so yea. I am just going to guess that none of you do youtube, netflix or any thing like that. I don't even want to know what your bill look's like for all of that data + 30-40 a phone and a ipad.

Any way, I hope none on your plan ever go on a trip and hotspot 50GB of netflix. (Then I really would not want to see the bill)

Good luck to all on the low cap data plan's.