spc
Search similar:

uniqs

erfans
join:2008-10-10
Canada

erfans

Unknown CID on outgoing calls

Recently I have been told that my CID displays Unknown, Private Number or Unavailable to some of my recipients. I opened up a ticket with voip.ms and was advised to test premium route. I tried and it has fixed the issue. The only problem is that now my bill goes from $10 to $16 a month and I don't want to be paying $6 extra just for guaranteed CID on outgoing calls.

Is there any other way to fix this without the Premium route?
Does freephoneline have this issue as well?

I primarily switched over to voip half a year ago from traditional land line for the sole reason of saving money. I initially was going to go with freephone line but decided to give voip.ms a try after hearing so much about it. With premium route, I will be paying half the bill of what I used to pay with traditional land line ($16 as opposed to $32).

I am also experiencing dropped calls, not hearing ring tones on outgoing calls until they answer / goes to their voice mail and some other odd issues. Now I understand this could be due to my router but I am in this predicament now. Should I go back to land line, try freephoneline or how do I fix this voip.ms issues without having to pay $16 a month.

Thank you!
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

The Voip.MS "value" outbound rates for Canada are quite a bargain at $ 0.0052 (about 1/2 cent per minute).

That's less than half of their "premium" rate.

Surely you must realize that there have to be SOME differences in the quality offered....

....otherwise why would they HAVE two different rates?

You are getting a bargain either way.

Fact is, the Voip.MS "value" route is aimed at the people who don't care that much what the outbound CID/CNAM says....

---------------

I'll leave the other issues (such as disconnected calls) to others, except to note that:

a) There's been a lot of discussion of Voip.MS issues lately.

b) At a minimum, make sure your ATA is properly tuned.
»www.toao.net/25-linksys- ··· guration
Of course, you didn't mention anything about your ATA or IP phone, or your router....

c) There are VoIP providers other than those you mentioned.

d) Many people do report success with FPL.
»User reviews - FreePhoneLine

PX Eliezer704

PX Eliezer704 to erfans

Premium Member

to erfans
PS: Almost no one reads this sub-forum.

You'd get much more response in the main VoIP forum.
»VOIP Tech Chat

erfans
Canada

erfans to PX Eliezer704

to PX Eliezer704
Thanks to both of you. I am using PAP2T-NA and have it tuned already. I've done everything possible with the ATA when it comes to tuning. I believe the problem lies in my D-LINK DIR-625 router. I have also done everything possible to tune that. It's definitely time for a router upgrade.

As you already know, the CID issue has nothing to do with my end. Like I said, I don't want to be paying $6 extra just to be guaranteed my outbound CID. I will post in the general voip forum.

Thanks.

BingoRingo
join:2010-03-29
Gatineau, QC

BingoRingo to erfans

to erfans
I have similar issues with dropped calls, ringtones, etc, but I pay on average $3.50/month so I don't really care. I guess I could try the premium route to see if they would go away, considering I barely spend any money on this, paying an extra dollar a month would not hurt me.

erfans
Canada

erfans

Thanks for the feedback guys. I am thinking about getting FPL's unlock key and have both FPL and voip.ms at home. I just have a question here.

I will be connecting a 4 handset panasonic cordless phone system to FPL through PAP2T-NA. I will use the second line on PAP2T-NA for voip.ms using a separate cordless phone system (vtech). I want both the panasonic (FPL) and vtech (voip.ms) cordless phones to ring at the same time when I receive calls at either number. How do I do this? Thanks!

I'll be basically making outgoing calls using FPL and will be receiving calls mainly on my voip.ms (flat rate incoming). The reason why I don't want to get rid of my voip.ms account is because I want to keep that number and if in the future I really like FPL, then I might port it over.

BingoRingo
join:2010-03-29
Gatineau, QC

BingoRingo

said by erfans:

I will be connecting a 4 handset panasonic cordless phone system to FPL through PAP2T-NA. I will use the second line on PAP2T-NA for voip.ms using a separate cordless phone system (vtech). I want both the panasonic (FPL) and vtech (voip.ms) cordless phones to ring at the same time when I receive calls at either number. How do I do this? Thanks!

I'll be basically making outgoing calls using FPL and will be receiving calls mainly on my voip.ms (flat rate incoming). The reason why I don't want to get rid of my voip.ms account is because I want to keep that number and if in the future I really like FPL, then I might port it over.

I don't think it's possible, as far as I know the PAP2T-NA will not "link" both lines, it would have to be done with the provider, but in this case, you cannot make a ring group since you'll be using two providers.

The best solution would be to get an ATA that would allow you to have two different accounts, one for outgoing, one for incoming, on the same line. The SPA-3102 does that if I'm not mistaken, and I have read that you can install its firmware on the PAP2T, but don't quote me on this, you will have to do some research and if you want to do it, you might ruin your ATA.