uniqs

UHF
All static, all day, Forever
MVM
join:2002-05-24

UHF to XXXXXXXXXXX1

MVM

to XXXXXXXXXXX1

Re: Garden Tractors: Husqvarna, Cub Cadet, John Deere.. Others?

I've been told that most of the big box store JD mowers are made by MTD to JD's watered down specs.

The 2000 series Cub Cadet and the 1000 series at the big box stores are also non comparable. The 2000 series blows the 1000's out of the water. I haven't had a spec of trouble with my 5 year old CC 2542 with the Kohler engine, and I'd gladly buy another one.

Our local dealer sells a ton of CC mowers every year, and this in a very heavy John Deere centric area. John Deere's manufacturing facility in Waterloo, IA is less than 30 miles away.

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

said by UHF:

I've been told that most of the big box store JD mowers are made by MTD to JD's watered down specs.

The 2000 series Cub Cadet and the 1000 series at the big box stores are also non comparable. The 2000 series blows the 1000's out of the water. I haven't had a spec of trouble with my 5 year old CC 2542 with the Kohler engine, and I'd gladly buy another one.

Our local dealer sells a ton of CC mowers every year, and this in a very heavy John Deere centric area. John Deere's manufacturing facility in Waterloo, IA is less than 30 miles away.

*All of JD's 100 series mowers are made by MTD including the ones sold at JD dealers.
iknow
Premium Member
join:2012-03-25

iknow

Premium Member

said by Jack_in_VA:

said by UHF:

*All of JD's 100 series mowers are made by MTD including the ones sold at JD dealers.

nope, read this. »www.mytractorforum.com/s ··· t=232704