Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

talking weather forcaster?

I have a oregon scientific lucca which worked pretty good for like 3-4 years and now it has some kind of odd error were it will make a ringing sound and the display is all jumbled..

Anyways I wanted to replace it with something on the same line.. When it speaks it says

"The time is 12 PM the outside temp is 90F the relative humidity is 85% the forecast is rainy"

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy

MVM

Dumb question, but have you replaced the batteries?

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

It uses a AC adater and the batteries are only used to retain the settings if the power goes out..

Nice clock but I don't think it can be saved
towerdave
join:2002-01-16
O Fallon, IL

towerdave

said by Subaru:

It uses a AC adater and the batteries are only used to retain the settings if the power goes out..

Nice clock but I don't think it can be saved

Try "resetting" it by removing the batteries and unplugging it from the wall for 24 hours. Then plug it back in and see if it works.

TD

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

lol it's been unplugged for like 8 months with the batteries out.. I thought I would try it yesterday to see if it would finally work but nope no dice.

BlueMist
join:2011-01-24
Cookeville, TN

1 edit

BlueMist to Subaru

to Subaru
Rather then limit things to just temp and time, get one of those weather radios like those Midland makes. They support the NOAA Weather Radio channels where you can hear the repeating date/time temp and a weather forecast by hitting a button.

I have a Midland model HH54 which is portable as well as an AC adapter it can be plugged into. It uses 3 AA batteries or an optional rechargeable battery pack (that does not come with it).

This model also supports the SANE alarm system that allows you to get weather warnings based on the counties you program into the box. That way you don't get all the weather warnings for the entire area covered by the radio transmitter, unless you want them that is.

What ever brand/model you get really needs to have the SANE option as part of it or the constant alarms will drive you nuts when a bad storm front passes through the state. I believe you can also disable the alarms but since I live in an area prone to tornadoes I leave mine on.

tschmidt
MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
·Consolidated Com..
·Republic Wireless
·Hollis Hosting

tschmidt

MVM

said by BlueMist:

This model also supports the SANE alarm system that allows you to get weather warnings based on the counties you program into the box.

Not to nitpick but I think you meant: Specific Area Message Encoding (SAME)

»www.nws.noaa.gov/nwr/nwrsame.htm

/tom