spc
Search similar:

uniqs

lugnut
@look.ca

lugnut

Anon

Medical marijuana growers uninspected by Health Canada

Maybe they should inspect my neighbour's tomato patch and the basil and oregano I'm growing in a flowerpot as well? Frankly they should just legalize the sh*t already and prosecute the drugs that make people eat each others' faces...

»www.cbc.ca/news/canada/s ··· ?cmp=rss
quote:
Medical marijuana growers uninspected by Health Canada

More than 15,000 people are licensed to grow medical marijuana in Canada, but Health Canada has no record of staff ever inspecting any of the growers, CBC News has learned.

Health Canada implemented its medical marijuana access regulations in 2001. Under the program, people with "grave and debilitating illnesses" can be granted legal access to marijuana for medicinal purposes. People seeking a permit apply in writing to Health Canada, with a supporting document from a medical practitioner.

People who are licensed by Health Canada to possess medical marijuana can then apply for a permit to grow it for personal use, or to have someone else grow it for them through a "designated-person production licence" if they weren't able to grow their own.
Health Minister Leona Aglukkaq says the medical marijuana program is in need of reform.Health Minister Leona Aglukkaq says the medical marijuana program is in need of reform. (Adrian Wyld/Canadian Press)

The job of enforcing safety and compliance falls to 15 Health Canada inspectors, who are responsible for inspecting all legal drugs and pharmaceuticals in Canada.

But the agency said in response to an access to information request for a list of inspections that "no records were located which respond to your request."

...snip...

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

Yes "reform" CON Speak for SHUT IT DOWN.

Mark
I stand with my feet
join:2009-07-11
Canada

Mark to lugnut

to lugnut

But I doubt it was the grass...

The christian taliban would rather chop off heads than legalize.

Oh, and according to the latest reports that face eater didn`t even have bath salts in his system....only weed.

lolz

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

There is a discussion going on in the blue room wrt to the war on drugs
cog_biz_user
i ruin threads apparently
join:2011-04-19

cog_biz_user to lugnut

to lugnut

Re: Medical marijuana growers uninspected by Health Canada

They won't legalize it up here until US does, which they won't. Go figure, I bet a lot of people voted for Obama because he dangled legalization in front of everybody.

Rather than the government pissing people off by growing it themselves, they should just hire more inspectors. The reason people originally wanted to grow it on their own was because the stuff the government grows is of inferior quality, or reduced quantities. Or so I've heard over the years.

»www.cbc.ca/news/health/s ··· ana.html

half a ounce a day? oh jeez. i didn't even think it was possible to smoke that much in a day.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

Half a bag a day, that is a lot of pit to smoke. Unless they're growing it themselves, I don't know how the can afford it, at current prices, it's gets expensive (so I've been told)