spc
Search similar:

uniqs
barrierislan3
join:2012-05-22
Banner Elk, NC

barrierislan3

Phone beeps during call

I have a MJ Plus and recently the phone has developed an occasional beep in the earpiece when I'm on a call. It almost sounds like another call is coming in; however, that is not the case. Anyone out there have the same issue?
cmthru
join:2005-03-19
Germantown, MD

cmthru

Happens to me as well. But only when talking to someone using a cell phone. Other person hears nothing.
vurnun2
join:2011-05-19
Altura, MN

vurnun2

The only other beep I get while using Mj, is the one from my phone telling me my battery is low . At which point, I switch phones..

lugnut
@look.ca

lugnut to barrierislan3

Anon

to barrierislan3
You do realize of course that MJ comes with call waiting don't you? The beep is signalling another call coming in. Hitting the flash button will switch back and forth between the calls.
Hydroace
join:2011-05-27
Rockwood, MI

Hydroace to barrierislan3

to barrierislan3
It appears that VoIP services occasionally transmit beeps - as if a key was pressed on the phone. When I heard random tones the first few times, I thought the caller had hit a key with their cheek while talking, but poking around on the net indicates the beep may be the result of the VoIP service mistakenly 'recognizing' the caller's tone of voice as a DTMF tone.

guhuna
Premium Member
join:2001-03-31
Benicia, CA

guhuna

Premium Member

said by Hydroace:

It appears that VoIP services occasionally transmit beeps - as if a key was pressed on the phone. When I heard random tones the first few times, I thought the caller had hit a key with their cheek while talking, but poking around on the net indicates the beep may be the result of the VoIP service mistakenly 'recognizing' the caller's tone of voice as a DTMF tone.

Correct, I've since gotten rid of my MJ due to this issue. I'd be talking to someone when all of the sudden BEEEEEEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEEEP. Talk about annoying.
MJ said it was my phone, so I replaced it. Nope still didn't fix it, they suggested replacing the adapter, still no go. Finally just threw it away and problem solved.