Marcer
Premium Member
join:2007-07-08
Hamilton, ON

1 recommendation

Marcer

Premium Member

Service Outage Information page

This is a function that has been requested fairly often, and I'm pleased to say has now entered into a "Beta test". We'd like to release it to the community here for testing, and would greatly appreciate your feedback.

You can find it here:

»c0ge.co/OntarioOutage

If you are experiencing an issue, select your city from the list, and any Reported Outages in your area will be displayed.

Farchord
Lost somewhere.
join:2004-08-28
Shawinigan, QC

Farchord

Hehe none for quebec?

Lotheric
join:2006-12-17
G9B 0H9

Lotheric

I asked about it. I'll post here when I have any info.

lockejcole
join:2010-06-11
Hamilton, ON

lockejcole to Marcer

to Marcer
Now if only I could load this page while my internet was down...
robman50
join:2010-12-14

robman50 to Marcer

to Marcer
I like this, now I wonder if it is correct. Can not test that because everything seems to be working. (I guess that's a good thing )
p5ku
join:2000-08-18
Oakville, ON

p5ku to Marcer

to Marcer
It's correctly reporting that Sun TV SD & HD is off the air for Oakville. Although the reported date is listed as "2012-07-06", which is actually tomorrow.
robman50

robman50

same here but i haven't turned on my box to see if its true.

Television
Reported since:
2012-07-06 01:10:06 Sun TV both Standard and High Definition feeds are off air.

Farchord
Lost somewhere.
join:2004-08-28
Shawinigan, QC

Farchord to p5ku

to p5ku
said by p5ku:

It's correctly reporting that Sun TV SD & HD is off the air for Oakville. Although the reported date is listed as "2012-07-06", which is actually tomorrow.

Then I wouldn'T expect to have Sun TV tomorrow! XD
exseven8
Premium Member
join:2003-05-23
L8E0G6

exseven8

Premium Member

Pretty sure its due to server time using GMT instead of EDT/EST. I brought this up internally already.

Now SunTV alert still being open on the page is another issue since that was fixed last night

Lotheric
join:2006-12-17
G9B 0H9

Lotheric to Farchord

to Farchord
For the "test" phase, the page will only be available for Ontario residents. This does not rule out a page for Quebec outages in a near future (once the process is automated).
robman50

robman50 to Marcer

to Marcer
Reported Outages for Grimsby
Service unavailable. Please try again later.

So the only outage is the outages page? LOL To funny
Is it being upgraded to the next stage?
blazer12
join:2004-04-10
Georgetown, ON

blazer12

Not really accurate. experiencing a cable outage in georgetown. Site currently shows no issues.

Junkie
@blackberry.net

Junkie

Anon

Ditto for Milton. Been watching snow accompanied by my flashing cable modem since 5:00PM. Cogeco's outage page only mentions somethng about an email password problem from September..

Blinkins
@cgocable.net

Blinkins

Anon

Out in Oakville too - according to phone msg when you call in it is fairly widespread - both cable and phone (not internet/email ...this time). No indication of when it will be up and no msgs on their site or Facebook.
Blinkins

Blinkins

Anon

Just posted on Outages page 'We are currently experiencing a service outage due to fiber optic line damage affecting multiple areas. Technicians are working to restore service as soon as possible.'
Blinkins

Blinkins to Junkie

Anon

to Junkie
We're out in Oakville - cable and phone - but internet up - when you call in they say it is a known issue and fairly widespread.

Thedude
@74.198.9.x

Thedude to Marcer

Anon

to Marcer
Internet and cable still out in Burlington as of 10:15 pm

kim
MVM,
join:2001-03-25
ON

kim to Marcer

MVM,

to Marcer
A direct link to the Reported Outages page has been added to the left hand menu now so there's no need to have this thread 'stickied' at the top of the page.

Cogeco Reported Outages Page

chdude3
join:2003-07-29
Oakville, ON

chdude3 to Marcer

to Marcer
This outage page does no good if not kept up to date! Experiencing around an 80 minute outage of TV and internet. After no updates on the Outage page despite repeated checking, I finally called in. Only to have the Rep say there's an outage in my area and it was reported an hour ago!

Come on, Cogeco. I'd rather have no Outage page than one that's not updated. Still says there's no outages in Oakville, while our internet is still down and TV just says ONE MOMENT PLEASE.