spc
uniqs
mworks
join:2006-06-13
Rose Hill, NC

mworks to alkizmo

to alkizmo

Re: Two dryers in one vent

Are there any windows near the dryers ? There are dryer vent adapter for windows. Might be easier than going through brick.

alkizmo
join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC

alkizmo

said by mworks:

Are there any windows near the dryers ? There are dryer vent adapter for windows. Might be easier than going through brick.

Nope. It's a side... side of my house. There are no windows on the sides. However the new laundry room will be in a sectioned off part of my garage, and the garage has no floors above it. 10 feet up and you're in the attic (Yes it's a high ceiling garage). There I could drill through the vinyl wall side of the attic, but I think it's too much height to cover for venting.
said by mityfowl:

He didn't even say gas or electric.

Electric

mityfowl
Premium Member
join:2000-11-06
Dallas, TX

mityfowl

Premium Member

said by alkizmo:

said by mworks:

Nope. It's a side... side of my house. There are no windows on the sides. However the new laundry room will be in a sectioned off part of my garage, and the garage has no floors above it. 10 feet up and you're in the attic (Yes it's a high ceiling garage). There I could drill through the vinyl wall side of the attic, but I think it's too much height to cover for venting.
said by mityfowl:

He didn't even say gas or electric.

Electric

Vent stacks or side stacks really don't matter. Run two. Why take a chance with your family?

If done correctly you'll never have to deal with a leak.

alkizmo
join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC

alkizmo

said by mityfowl:

Vent stacks or side stacks really don't matter. Run two. Why take a chance with your family?

Ya ya I will run two if I go forward with the project of two dryers. I will start with just one dryer and see if it suffices. However I like to keep my options open and have the information ready on hand when/if I exercise the option.

Adding a second dryer will be a major investment on another matter where I'd have to finally give in and upgrade to a 200A service.

With my 100A service, I'd only have 15A to spare if my two dryers (50A) and oven/stove (35A) run simultaenously at full capacity.

In a simple matter of timing, where all units are drawing their max amps + starting the central vac or a power tool, one of the two service 100A fuses would pop. (And that's in winter, in summer I'd have to decomission a dryer because of the AC).

Not that I'd upgrade to 200A just for the second dryer. It would be a tipping point to justify the upgrade.

mityfowl
Premium Member
join:2000-11-06
Dallas, TX

mityfowl

Premium Member

said by alkizmo:

said by mityfowl:

Ya ya I will run two if I go forward with the project of two dryers. I will start with just one dryer and see if it suffices. However I like to keep my options open and have the information ready on hand when/if I exercise the option.

Adding a second dryer will be a major investment on another matter where I'd have to finally give in and upgrade to a 200A service.

With my 100A service, I'd only have 15A to spare if my two dryers (50A) and oven/stove (35A) run simultaenously at full capacity.

In a simple matter of timing, where all units are drawing their max amps + starting the central vac or a power tool, one of the two service 100A fuses would pop. (And that's in winter, in summer I'd have to decomission a dryer because of the AC).

Not that I'd upgrade to 200A just for the second dryer. It would be a tipping point to justify the upgrade.

Oh shit man you got a lot of problems with a family of 6 or 7.

You need to upgrade that panel.

You aren't even close to putting in 2 eclectic dryers

Good Luck