Cleveland, OH
kudos:2

1 edit

'The Walking Dead' - Season 3 Preview Special

Just a Heads Up,

'Talking Dead', Live Primtime Special - Sunday, July 08 2012

On the AMC cable channel.

Double check your DVR or Sickbeard.

Hardwick will give fans a first look at “The Walking Dead” Season 3, including a scene from the new season, and brand new video interviews with the cast, a tour of the new set and a sneak peek at the props and wardrobes featured in Season 3. Hardwick will also sit down with in-studio guests including the show’s executive producers and other celebrity fans. Viewers will get information on the show’s presence at this year’s Comic-Con, including a look at the construction of “The Walking Dead” booth, updates on AMC’s “The Walking Dead” Social Game, and other show-related news and topics.

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4

Hopefully this season doesn't suck as much as last.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
kudos:1
reply to Stem Bolt

Thanks, set recording,...

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
reply to Stem Bolt

Welp, this is a season I'll be missing. Thanks AMC/Dish dispute.

Warzau
Premium
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL
reply to Alcohol

Hopefully they won't be at one location for a whole season

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY

It seemed as though they really drew out the Farm much longer then necessary without much to show for it (the end was nice though). It wasn’t that way in the book IMO as their stay seemed shorter there.

Their next location (we all knew what it was from where the series left off) has a lot of pivotal things happening and is actually deserving IMO of an extended stay. Big things happen and in order to do it justice they will need to put some time into it..

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Alcohol

said by Alcohol:

Hopefully this season doesn't suck as much as last.

What he said.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Warzau
Premium
Naperville, IL

I agree, all season could have been condensed into 2 maybe 3 episodes tops.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable

1 recommendation

Yeah.
The whole of the second season could have been done in maybe 2 to 4 episodes and then they could have moved off the damned farm.
And season 2 seemed even worse than boring because the first season was so good.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Stem Bolt
Aka Smiling Bob
Premium
join:2002-11-08
Cleveland, OH
reply to Octavean

said by Octavean:

It seemed as though they really drew out the Farm much longer then necessary without much to show for it (the end was nice though).

I think it was lack of a proper budget last season.

»screenrant.com/walking-dead-fran···-127783/

From last year: (Season 2)
quote:
Even though The Walking Dead proved to be a hit – and it is the only series that AMC owns completely – the network had already announced to the producers that they would not only be cutting the budget of the series from $3.4 million to $2.7 million, but that they would also want 13 episodes produced instead of 6 episodes that made up its first season. To make matters worse, AMC also told the producers that the 30% tax credit that the series receives from filming in Georgia would go directly to the network, and not make up for some of the money that was taken out of the production budget.

Warzau
Premium
Naperville, IL

I think that is still a good budget considering, there weren't as many zombies ( not as much FX or makeup needed). As long as TWD never turns into a "Syfy"(stupid name BTW) movie.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Stem Bolt

I'm pretty sure I've seen that page before, probably by way of a link posted somewhere in this forum.
For me, most of the second season seemed like "filler" until the finale, where everything seemed to happen at once. The slashed budget probably had a lot to do with that, but with better writing and Darabont there to direct things, I think it could have been much better even with the lower budget.
--

Stem Bolt
Aka Smiling Bob
Premium
join:2002-11-08
Cleveland, OH
reply to Warzau

said by Warzau:

I think that is still a good budget considering, there weren't as many zombies ( not as much FX or makeup needed). As long as TWD never turns into a "Syfy"(stupid name BTW) movie.

Also why they were stuck on the farm. No expensive location shoots. Everyone complained that they were on the farm to long. The network also doubled the number of episodes so the writers had to stretch an expected 6 episode season to a 13 episode one.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY

1 edit
reply to Stem Bolt

I don’t know about the farm in terms of budget. The next location (again we all knew what it is from where the series left off) seemed to be totally fabricated which likely comes with a sizable budget hit. Also Woodbury “The Governor‘s“ town would have to be in the upcoming season as well.

Location isn’t necessarily the issue though. The show’s main focus (as well as the book’s) seems to be Rick and to a lesser extent the main characters radiating outward as an extension as well as how the holocaust effects / changes them. Its not about “location” in and of itself. Location is more of a simple backdrop or a stage where event’s take place.

The farm, the prison or a gated community of some other sort, they all start to seem very much the same after a while,…..