antiserious
The Future ain't what it used to be
Premium Member
join:2001-12-12
Scranton, PA

antiserious

Premium Member

Dry Loop DSL in PA

I was just told by a Verizon rep that Dry Loop DSL service is not available in Pa. It is apparently only available in California as of March 2012. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks.
brawney
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Frederick, MD

brawney

Premium Member

Yes

»Verizon Stops Selling Standalone DSL to New Users [129] comments

antiserious
The Future ain't what it used to be
Premium Member
join:2001-12-12
Scranton, PA

antiserious

Premium Member

Thanks, although I'm not a new customer, I've been with them since 2003.

Turns out DSL Extreme will do it, at the same speeds I have now. Looks like it 's time to switch.

norbert26
Premium Member
join:2010-08-10
Warwick, RI

norbert26

Premium Member

said by antiserious:

Thanks, although I'm not a new customer, I've been with them since 2003.

Turns out DSL Extreme will do it, at the same speeds I have now. Looks like it 's time to switch.

May vary by market but in my market it is $10 extra for dryloop as opposed to the $14.95 introductory offer making it $24.95 plus a $2.88 line recovery fee (something like that). This is on DSL Extreme and depends on your market / speed tier .
Ledgem
join:2011-09-30

Ledgem to antiserious

to antiserious
I started with Verizon about a month ago, and am now in the process of switching to DSL Extreme. Supposedly the switch will be completed by the end of next week. I can report back to let you know how it goes.

The DSL Extreme pricing for my area is about $14 higher per month than what you see on the website (which supposedly only applies to people switching from AT&T). However, that's still about what I'm paying Verizon for my internet access, and it's way cheaper when you consider that I won't have to pay for all of the phone line-related things (which roughly doubles the cost of my internet bill). I have high hopes.
25139889 (banned)
join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH

25139889 (banned) to brawney

to brawney
There are still providers that can sell you Dry-line DSL. It looks like VZ is NOT selling the service directly
superpc
join:2012-07-12
Gloucester, VA

superpc

Yeah, Verizon doesn't sell Dry Loop lines anymore from the research I've done, so you'd have to use a reseller such as DSL Extreme if you just wanted DSL service and not phone.