Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

OttoPylot

join:2000-11-21
San Jose, CA
reply to kerya666

Re: Disappointing...

Me neither. I've been a very happy customer of Sonic for many years. My modem was free when I upgraded to Fusion over a year ago and until they start charging me the $6.50 what ever they want to call if fee, I guess I can't really complain. However, for $40/month for a sustained 20Mbps/1.0Mbps speeds, one of the best customer support groups around, and I still get to keep my AT&T land line (cell phone coverage in our house is terrible) I think I'm still ahead of the service fee curve.

elray

join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·EarthLink

said by OttoPylot:

Me neither. I've been a very happy customer of Sonic for many years. My modem was free when I upgraded to Fusion over a year ago and until they start charging me the $6.50 what ever they want to call if fee, I guess I can't really complain. However, for $40/month for a sustained 20Mbps/1.0Mbps speeds, one of the best customer support groups around, and I still get to keep my AT&T land line (cell phone coverage in our house is terrible) I think I'm still ahead of the service fee curve.

But its not $40/month.

The new modem charge ($6.50) and the voice tax ($11.17) makes it almost $60 a month.

And if you're really getting 20Mbps, you're one of the lucky ones.

OttoPylot

join:2000-11-21
San Jose, CA

True. It's $39.95 per month and with taxes that makes it $51.40. I won't be charged the $6.50 until I need to get a new modem or am forced too. Still, the price point to service quality is very good.