spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Comcast

@comcast.net

[DVR] Cisco DVR - Constant loss of video and audio

It all started 6 months ago when we started periodically losing audio and video in the middle of programming - recorded and live. It occurs for 5-6 seconds. Also, when we are not recording a program but have been on the channel for that particular program and want to go back to the beginning, the DVR automatically takes us to the end (live) of the program once we get to the beginning. We have since had 13 service calls to no avail. I find the "techs" to be inept, even telling me that they prefer DirecTV!

I am told that I have to drive to the Comcast office to exchange the problem DVR's (we have three of them) so I am going to do that. My fear is that the same problems will occur.

Anyone have problems like these?

Rhoffman

@comcast.net

I have the same problem. Please post when you find an answer.

Fat City
Premium
join:2003-03-10
Freedonia

1 edit
reply to Comcast

I should know better than to reply to 2-week old anon threads.

Russ6

join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX
kudos:1
reply to Comcast

said by Comcast :

It all started 6 months ago when we started periodically losing audio and video in the middle of programming - recorded and live. It occurs for 5-6 seconds. Also, when we are not recording a program but have been on the channel for that particular program and want to go back to the beginning, the DVR automatically takes us to the end (live) of the program once we get to the beginning. We have since had 13 service calls to no avail. I find the "techs" to be inept, even telling me that they prefer DirecTV!

I am told that I have to drive to the Comcast office to exchange the problem DVR's (we have three of them) so I am going to do that. My fear is that the same problems will occur.

Anyone have problems like these?

A lot of people are having the same problems that you are having with a Cisco DVR. The problem is with the guide software not the hardware, but Comcast will start deploying the new S26 Guide this summer. See »Re: New Guides for SA/Cisco Areas (Info from Ted Hodgins Blog) for a description of the problems that the guide should fix and for the new features. There is no point in exchanging Cisco DVRs for other Cisco DVRs. The problems you describe don't happen on the old SA Explorer 8300 HD DVRs that don't use cable cards. These old DVRs have their own problems such as smaller disks, can't run the future On-Screen Guide 2.0 or 3.0 and are hard to get so I don't recommend them. They can run the current S25 Guide and will be updated to the S26 when it is deployed.
--
SA 8300 HD DVRs with Patched S25 Guide
Links:
'S25 Guide Blog' 'Schedule' 'Info' 'Patch Thread'