spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

gasal

@frontiernet.net

[FiOS] Slow download speeds in Oregon

Anyone seeing slow download speeds in Oregon? I have 30/30 speed but I am only seein g. HERE IS WHAT I AM SEELING
»www.speedtest.net/result/2047562188.png

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

Try a different server. If that doesn't work, reboot your router. If that doesn't work, reboot your ONT. If that doesn't work, call tech support

Indy

@frontiernet.net
reply to gasal

I've been seeing the same thing since yesterday (7/4). They tried some repair on their end and completely knocked me offline, so a tech came out today. He got me back online, but was seeing the same speed issues. Sometimes as low as 300kbps. He was working with a tech online, and they determined that there is an issue on their network that they will have to resolve. They didn't have any idea what the issue was, but they know there is a problem.

As we were troubleshooting the issue, the tech on the phone said that more and more calls were coming in.

Indy

@frontiernet.net
reply to gasal

gasal, I'm in Hillsboro. Where are you?

jim4637

join:2012-07-05
Hillsboro, OR

I'm in SE Hillsboro and my speeds have been fluctuating all over the place in at least the last two days. I just ran three tests to San Jose, the first was 36 down/6 up, the second was 1 down/6 up and the third .17 down/6.19 up. About a half hour ago it was completely down. I should have 25/25 FYI

EdmondsFios

join:2010-09-02
Edmonds, WA
reply to darcilicious

How do you reboot an ONT?

Indy

@frontiernet.net
reply to jim4637

I'm in NW Hillsboro and my experience has been identical to yours. Sometimes the tests show good results, but most of the time they're bad. Trying to watch a video on Youtube is painful. Keeps buffering.

I should be at 35/35. What's really weird is that my upload speed has been consistently better than download. In fact, it's usually close to full speed.

Indy

@frontiernet.net
reply to EdmondsFios

»Verizon Online FiOS FAQ »How do I reboot the ONT?

Onkyo

@frontiernet.net
reply to gasal

I have noticed dramatic speed decrease that last few days as well. I go from 19 MB/s to .75 and most of the time no matter what server i am trying or speed test site i get a latency error. Tech is coming out tomorrow but i don't see how that will help out because of others in hillsboro have the same issue.

cruzer856

My download speed and latency has been awful as well the last few days. Hillsboro, OR (near Intel Jones Farm).

This is really the only extended period of lackluster performance I've had in the last few years. I just hope it gets resolved quickly.

ascareg

join:2004-07-27
Hillsboro, OR
reply to gasal

I've seen the same behavior. At least since mid-day 7/4 I experienced some slowdown which now seems to be hit or miss. Some connections will download full speed, more often though, I'm seeing less than 1Mbps down instead of my 15Mpbs down.

Upload speeds remain consistently good at 5Mbps.

I've confirmed this with a few other friends on FiOS in the Hillsboro area.

ascareg

join:2004-07-27
Hillsboro, OR

Click for full size
Frontier Speedtest
Screen shot of Frontier's own speed test site.

chevelleman

join:2009-05-15
Troutdale, OR
reply to gasal

For once it's completely fine on the east side here.

gasal

@frontiernet.net
reply to Indy

I am in Hillsboro as well. I called support earlier...sounded like they have been getting several reports of this issue. The guy on the phone sounded clueless but said something about server issue and it needs to be replaced. He had no other details.

If you haven't already...call Frontier FIOS support at 1-877-600-1511 and let them know about this issue. I believe they prioritize the work based on number of complaints coming in.

Frustriert

@frontiernet.net
reply to ascareg

I have noticed a significant slowdown myself. Downloading albums from iTunes or AmazonMP3 reminds me of the dial-up days right now. Click download and walk away for a while...

Indy

@frontiernet.net
reply to ascareg

Everyone should call and bug them to make sure they get it fixed soon.

Onkyo, you're right. The tech won't be able to do much, but hopefully he gets on the network guys to get it straightened out. The tech (Mike) that came to my place today was here for a couple of hours. Mostly on the phone waiting for the outage tech to do something. They were running some trace routes and were seeing a server address (50.38.7.109) that seemed out of the ordinary. It was popping up between two Beaverton addresses. I just did a tracert to google.com and there is a pause when it gets to the questionable address.

dwh

@frontiernet.net
reply to gasal

I'm in NE Hillsboro and I normally have 25/25. As of July 7 at 2:51 AM, I'm getting 1.95/23.64

I've also seen speeds jumping up and down over the last two or three days.

FuzzeWuzze

@frontiernet.net

Also reporting in from Hillsboro near the Airport, been slow lately the last few days and very annoying!

gasal

@frontiernet.net

Still seeing slow speeds.

Everyone please Call Frontier FIOS support @ 1-877-600-1511 and let them know that you are having this issue. 3 days and still no resolution.

Indy

@nai.com

Just talked with the field tech again. He said they're working on the issue and they hope to have it resolved today. You should still call if you're having a problem. Hopefully the more noise we make, the quicker it will get resolved.

Also, for anybody have a technician come to their house, go easy on them. They want this fixed just as much as we do.

Ben J
Triple Play Architect
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Elk Grove, CA
kudos:7

Post/PM a traceroute.

gasal

@frontiernet.net
reply to Indy

Thanks for the update.

said by Indy :

Just talked with the field tech again. He said they're working on the issue and they hope to have it resolved today. You should still call if you're having a problem. Hopefully the more noise we make, the quicker it will get resolved.

Also, for anybody have a technician come to their house, go easy on them. They want this fixed just as much as we do.

Onkyo

@frontiernet.net
reply to gasal

I just spoke to a rep at frontier to have the tech not come out to my house since it is a known issue. he also had told me that they plan to have everything back up and running normal by 6 pm pst. Just FYI

Indy

@frontiernet.net

Still no good here.

cruzer856

yep still sucks.

Hillsboro OR

@frontiernet.net
reply to gasal

Yeah my 25/25 Frontier internet is still horrible.
The chart is random peaks and valleys.
Playing games is not possible, watching Youtube or anything besides text based internet is extremely slow.

I'm in N. Hillsboro Oregon.
I first noticed it the morning of July 4th, maybe 4-5am.

Here is my Line Quality test: »/pingtest/8655···36?r=972

boblx2

join:2012-07-07
Hillsboro, OR
reply to Indy

Same here. I live in SE Hillsboro I have seen nothing but trouble since 7/4. I have spent most of two days on the phone with techs, etc. with no help. I was supposed to have a tech out here yesterday so I called at 5:30 to find out what happened and they informed me that there was a Internet problem in Hillsboro and considered me to be part of it so they just added the call to that problem. So I sat here all afternoon waiting for someone to show up.
I heard it was supposed to be fixed late yesterday but does not appear to be fixed as of now.
I have been badgering them since the 4th but no luck yet. I wonder if Xfinity is any better?

Frustriert

@frontiernet.net
reply to gasal

It is obviously not yet fixed. Although this is very frustrating, we should probably enjoy the nice weather we're currrently experiencing...

»www.speedtest.net/result/2050647152.png

Frustriert

@frontiernet.net

BTW, NE Hillsboro is my location, Jones Farm area. I wonder if we could ask for a refund or a pro-rated rebate on our monthly bill for this service...

fiosuser

@frontiernet.net

Just talked with techs, they said additional equipment needs to be replaced. New ETA is 48 hrs. If you log onto frontier account and click contacts then senior area representative it will list area manager and vp for beaverton, which is the closest area. I left a message ( I doubt they ever answer) that I would be expecting credit to my account for the affected days once it is fixed.