All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Eorvkt
@50.44.236.x

Eorvkt

Anon

[DSL] [IL] [Southern Ill.] Frontier DSL very spotty

I've got Frontier DSL in Southern Illinois, and it has gone very spotty since yesterday. It will be fine for a while and then not fine at all for ten to twenty minute stretched of almost total loss of access -- after ten or twenty tries loading a page I might get the text but no pictures or CSS formatting.

Am I alone? Is this going on across the region? Is this connected to what's going on elsewhere?

Astro21
@50.40.141.x

Astro21

Anon

I can say that you are not alone. I am in the Carbondale-Marion area of Southern Illinois and have been having problems with Frontier for the past few days as well. Today I have had basically zero reliability from my internet connection.

This past month, I have had poor internet due to my router periodically reconnecting with Frontier's servers at low speeds. However, today the router has been connected to the servers at full speed, but the actual connection to the DNS servers and internet has been slow and spotty. I have had pings over 1000ms.

I have heard second hand that Frontier has been making upgrades to their servers and changing everyone's ip addresses in our area, but I am not sure how accurate these statements are. Does anyone know anymore information?

Eorvkt
@50.44.247.x

Eorvkt

Anon

Thank you for replying! That's nice to know.

Today, everything seems to be fine... We'll see if it lasts.

ScottN
@50.40.239.x

ScottN

Anon

Well I loved Verizon, then we got stuck with Frontier and it was ok until we shut the phone off for just the internet as we all have cell phones. Now our download rates are like crap and the lagg on the online games are terrible, what is up with this and I have their stupid Max package.