how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

samurai123

join:2007-07-15
Santa Clara, CA

Media Player - suggestions?

I'm thinking of buying a media player. Does anyone know a good media player out there which comes with 2.5" internal HDD, GbE port besides other standard features including various video file formats support?

Thanks

bryank

join:2000-03-23
Plainfield, IL

1 edit

»www.acryan.com/product/playonhd2···cations/

I own one, without the internal hard drive feature, and love it! I was able to find my on eBay...

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to samurai123

I've had a WDTV (3rd gen I think) for years and am very happy with it also. I've had friends and family buy one also for their viewing needs.

Once WD releases a new product, they almost immediately stop supporting the old one. To me that's a big problem, they haven't fixed bugs and left us owners hanging.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

samurai123

Santa Clara, CA
reply to samurai123

Thanks guys

So far whatever I looked around, it seems WD Hub seems a good option if not ideal which seems providing both online streaming and local file playback options besides having the features I'm looking for.

I was thinking one player which is good at streaming online contents such as Roku and another device for local file playback supporting max. file formats but then I'm still looking for best possible option available.

Any other suggestions are welcomed!

IanR

join:2001-03-22
Fort Mill, SC
reply to samurai123

Do you have an XBox?
If you do, it works well with WindowsMediaCenter and WMC finds ALL the media/audio/video + photos etc etc on your desktop. And it streams Hulu, Crackle, ESPN you name it.

samurai123

Santa Clara, CA
reply to samurai123

I ended up buying Xtreamer SW3 and it's a great media player!

Gavin5

join:2012-10-03
canada
reply to samurai123

You can find quality media player on eBay and amazon.

Forhad

join:2012-10-03
Toronto, ON
reply to samurai123

You can check "high quality boxchip f10 internal 2.5 hdd 1080p media player"