spc
Search similar:

uniqs
DrStrangLov
join:2012-03-28

DrStrangLov

[Canadian] 3 mbps for $50.00/month

Satellite to shatter urban-rural digital divide
"“EchoStar XVII will allow for previously unavailable speed and bandwidth economics, and will provide rural and remote Canadians a broadband connection that is truly fast and affordable,” Mr. Maduri ADDED.

The company says the difference in pricing can be dramatic depending on where a customer lives and his or her current service. For instance, among its various 4G packages, the company plans to offer a three Mbps package for $50 per month, Mr. Maduri said. That compares to a two Mbps plan for $174.99 on one of its older satellites."

»www.theglobeandmail.com/ ··· 4393640/

Skyway
Skyway
join:2003-02-04
Mission, BC

Skyway

Click for full size
jupiter837
join:2010-11-26
Golden, MS

jupiter837

That 100gb package looks good.

Skyway
Skyway
Mission, BC

Skyway

Yes, and they don't have the normal 24 hour FAP...

What they are planning to do is described on the following page:

»www.xplornet.com/traffic ··· htv-itmp

Wishing
@direcway.com

Wishing to Skyway

Anon

to Skyway
I wonder if Hughesnet will offer US business plans similar to whats shown in the Canadian price plan by Xplornet?

100GB plan would be Great compared to what Hughesnet is offering to US businesses currently!

n1581j
@wildblue.net

n1581j

Anon

For me, speed is not that important, consistency and CAP is. If US packages and pricing is anything like the Canadian, I'll be the first to jump ship
jupiter837
join:2010-11-26
Golden, MS

jupiter837

Man you ain't kidding. I use 3g service and I'd jump ship too. Heck even the overages ain't that bad.

stinkyboots
@wildblue.net

stinkyboots to DrStrangLov

Anon

to DrStrangLov
If I'm recalling correctly (which I may not be due to heavy medication for an injury), the Canadian packages for Viasat were considerably better than what was offered in the US. Let's hope Hughesnet follows through this time, not that I'm in an area that will be serviced by the new satellite anyway.
ricky_005
join:2012-01-17
united state

ricky_005

Are you saying US citizens get the shaft on a regular basis by our own government, which only serve the corporations and not the people?

The Geezer
Premium Member
join:2004-12-28
43.3Á

The Geezer

Premium Member

As I understand it, Xplornet went out on a limb and purchased a boatload of capacity (all that is available for Canada). Having done this, they will probably be pretty motivated to sell as much as they can to get new customers on board real quick. If they sell enough, the revised rates a few years from now might not be quite as attractive. If they don't sell according to expectations, I would predict that even better plans might be offered down the line.

dre4593
@wildblue.net

dre4593

Anon

The Xplornet plans and speeds satisfy me.

I hope that we get similar prices and capacity on HughesNet when it launches this fall. The speed doesn't matter to me, truthfully. The faster it goes the quicker you can reach your cap. Something stable like 3Mbps or 5Mbps is right at what I want speed-wise. What we all truly want is more capacity and the plans that Xplornet will potentially offer are good.

Skyway
Skyway
Mission, BC

Skyway

Oct 15-23 “EARLY START ” Installations Start.
Installations can begin for Presales Customers that filled in the Webform agreeing to the “earlystart” terms.
We will be testing the network and customers can expect the service to be taken up and down during this 30 day “testing phase”

Nov 20th Full Launch - Commercial Launch – WE are LIVE!
Test Phase is over – WE will start full Marketing Lauch!
Dealers now install any Presales customers entered into the Portal that did not sign up as a “Early start Customer”
Conversion Work Orders will start being issued.