Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

traber

join:2007-06-27
Portland, OR

1 edit

11-digit incoming CID

In the last few weeks, my incoming caller ID numbers show up as 11 digits, even though I have the 10-digit flag set. It doesn't matter if I reset the CID to show 10 digits, it still shows up as 11-digits (with no dashes or spaces). Any ideas why this is happening all of a sudden? I have a Linksys PAP2 BYOD. Probably just need to submit a ticket, but was just wondering if it was happening to anyone else.

jsmphl

join:2004-06-24
Philadelphia, PA

I noticed the same thing and opened a ticket. I tried 11, 10, and 7 and always get 11. I was told to use a different server. That's not the right answer. They changed/broke something. BTW, I did some experimenting and some servers honor the incoming CID length and others do not.

galvatron.vtnoc.net - fails
bumblebee.vtnoc.net - fails
soundwave.vtnoc.net - works
grimlock.vtnoc.net - fails
bumblebee.vtnoc.net - fails
hightower.vtnoc.net (legacy) - works
chicago-1f.vtnoc.net (legacy) - fails
megatron.vtnoc.net - fails

I updated my ticket with this info and am still waiting for a reply. They need to make it work again on all servers.

I logged in to post a similar comment and saw yours first. At least it's not just me. Hopefully this will get more attention now.

traber

Portland, OR

The only server I could get it to work on was hightower. I'm not sure if that's the closest one to me (Portland, OR). Thanks for the info, jsmphl. I haven't opened a ticket yet.

jsmphl

join:2004-06-24
Philadelphia, PA

After fooling with this last week a bunch, I went back to my original server (galvatron/bumblebee). I continued to get 11 digits. Then on July 11 I started getting 10 digits again. So perhaps it's fixed...

I asked two follow-up questions in my ticket:

1. To get a current list of servers. That is »vtwiki.org/wiki/index.php/Server_Choices
Earlier in the week the page was getting an error but now it displays.

2. To answer my original request to fix the issue. That was never responded to. But I just tried all of the "new" servers and they all return 10 digits as I have configured in the CP.

So it does look like the issue is resolved.

traber

Portland, OR

Thanks for updating your post, jsmphl. I also reverted back to my closest server and all appears well now.