Allendale, NJ
kudos:1
reply to happy4ya

Re: Screen Saver on IO Box

You can always add esta storage to the SA DVR

blahblah

@optonline.net
reply to happy4ya

Ugh, mine just started doing this yesterday... Every 30 min it goes to the screen saver. Optimum is by far the absolute worst cable provider I've ever had in my entire life but it's the only option where I live. I'm seriously considering moving so I can get rid of it!! I hate the DVR box/software, painfully unresponsive and inaccurate. When I set things to record it's completely random if it actually records or not and recording a series, forget it. The website is terrible and completely user unfriendly....
Has anyone actually resolved this issue??

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ

You could get Directv or Dish Network

blahblah

@optonline.net

I can't put a satellite on the property and I can't shove it in a window because there's a tree in the way... I've tried everything!!!

happy4ya
Premium
join:2004-10-31
West Babylon, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to happy4ya

Well I am having my cell phone bill covered for me since I use it for work now so with the savings of about $75 a month, I think I will be going back to Fios soon. I got the ipod ouch for signing up for OOL and just have to find out how long I need to keep service until it's mine without any payback or penalty. I haven't even opened it yet just in case.

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ

I believe you need to wait 3 months, I could be wrong.

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
reply to happy4ya

OK, my Samsung box is going to the screen saver every 30 minutes or so. What the hell? Any way to turn this off?

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ

I haven't been able to find any sort of setting

iknow
Premium
join:2012-03-25
reply to happy4ya

you could try here. »Optimum Direct if you find an answer, please post it here for the rest of the samsung users!.

weston631

@optonline.net

Has anyone had this issue resolved?

The last few days, I'm having the same issue on my Samsung HD cable box. After 20 to 30 minutes of I guess "remote control inactivity", I get a "screen saver" with iO logo and the message "press any key to continue". There is no option to disable this.

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

The problem went away after I rebooted the box.

bill1175

@optonline.net
reply to happy4ya

I called and cablevision says its a problem and they are working on it

iknow
Premium
join:2012-03-25

said by bill1175 :

I called and cablevision says its a problem and they are working on it

good, so it may be fixed at sometime. maybe after the DVR+ problems are fixed.

Wyldfox

join:2002-01-26
Milford, CT
reply to weston631

I get the power down and screen saver at 1:15 a.m. daily...even if I'm watching. At that point, anything I was in the middle of watching but paused, goes back to the beginning.