uniqs

alkizmo
join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC

alkizmo to Draiman

to Draiman

Re: Looking for a new thermostat

said by Draiman:

One major factor to consider is power. The 3M50 requires hardwired power while the Honeywell does not. Before you invest in the 3M50 make sure you have the proper wires to handle it. For me it wasn't an option as we didn't have a power wire. We when with Honeywell since all it needed was batteries.

Couldn't it be plugged to a power supply brick plugged to a receptacle?

Im thinking of getting one of those WiFi thermostats and my current thermostat runs off a battery. Since my alarm panel is right next to it and is powered by a power supply brick inside the closet behind it, I could run a second line for a thermostat for a second power supply brick (Two inlets in the receptacle).

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky
join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman

said by alkizmo:

said by Draiman:

One major factor to consider is power. The 3M50 requires hardwired power while the Honeywell does not. Before you invest in the 3M50 make sure you have the proper wires to handle it. For me it wasn't an option as we didn't have a power wire. We when with Honeywell since all it needed was batteries.

Couldn't it be plugged to a power supply brick plugged to a receptacle?

Im thinking of getting one of those WiFi thermostats and my current thermostat runs off a battery. Since my alarm panel is right next to it and is powered by a power supply brick inside the closet behind it, I could run a second line for a thermostat for a second power supply brick (Two inlets in the receptacle).

Sure you can buy a low voltage power supply to fix it given your situation. With kids I couldn't just leave a cord hanging on the wall like that so I'd would have had to run it in the wall. Too much work for that it's worth to me but for you it sounds fine.

»www.amazon.com/Class-II- ··· r+supply