uniqs

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to miked112

Premium Member

to miked112

Re: Give up my copper phone line to upgrade to 75\25?

Personally I like Digital Voice better than POTS.
Stevies3
join:2001-12-29
Woodbury, NY

Stevies3

Ditto, Many more features......

miked112
@verizon.net

miked112

Anon

It's unbelievable. I want to pay them more money and they won't let me. Cablevision will let me keep my copper and buy whatever I want from them.

I have a digital voice line, no problems with it. The POTS is really a security blanket; it's the only thing that worked after Irene and the other blackouts we've had out here. As long as they have UPS and generators in the COs POTS will always be the most reliable when there are weather\power problems.

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt

Premium Member

said by miked112 :

It's unbelievable. I want to pay them more money and they won't let me. Cablevision will let me keep my copper and buy whatever I want from them.

I have a digital voice line, no problems with it. The POTS is really a security blanket; it's the only thing that worked after Irene and the other blackouts we've had out here. As long as they have UPS and generators in the COs POTS will always be the most reliable when there are weather\power problems.

It wasn't for my parents this past week.

blohner
join:2002-06-26
Lehigh Acres, FL

blohner

Why would Cablevision impact your Verizon Copper while installing their own Copper - it's comparing apples to oranges... Verizon wants to get you off their copper plan because it's crap, costs them a lot to maintain, and they are forced to offer shared access to other carriers. Once they get you onto Fiber there is no going back to another 'POTS' type carrier and that is part of what they are banking on....
Personally I am ok with that... I dropped my copper land line for VoIP in 2001 and never looked back... 2 out of three major storms cable was back up quicker than patching all the single phone lines that got cut so my Verizon copper neighbors ended up calling their relatives from my house...
I had FIOS and was happy - went back to Cablevision for internet and am it is sufficient for a much lower price.... When we had the two freak storms last year (Irene and the NE early Snow) Cablevision had portable generators at the pole Power Supplies so the minute I got my own power back through Generator my internet and VoIP was up and running...