spc
uniqs

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to IowaCowboy

to IowaCowboy

Re: Customer-owned modems -- a preemptive plea to Comcast

Apple sells cable modems? But yeah I totally feel more comfortable about purchasing my stuff at an actual physical store rather then online because I don't like having to wait for things to ship.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

said by Mike Wolf:

Apple sells cable modems?

I was talking subscription based electronics (anything that requires a subscription to fully function) in General but Best Buy, Target, and Walmart all sell cable modems.

Buying subscription based electronics used/second hand is always a gamble as they can be blacklisted by their respective service providers for something as simple as a delinquent account. I had to buy a new modem because our cable was in someone else's name, person moved out and did not pay the bill so the modem linked to that account (which I bought in the first place) could not be activated when I established service in my name because the modem was associated with a delinquent account. I had to buy a new modem to the tune of $150 at the time (2006). I am glad this person is no longer living with me and my mother.

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

Yeah, I can't wait for those subscription based devices to be gotten rid of for the subscription free stuff.

Anyway how the hell did we get onto this when I thought this tread was suppose to be about preventing Comcast from discontinuing support for customer owned equipment?