sillyshydq

join:2012-05-15

[DVR] trying to purchase motorola extended hard drive online

Upon clicking on upgrade dvr it goes to another site where it has two options

1) Buy a sata drive
2) Upgrade one time $39.99

I click on option number 2 then it says

DVR Upgrade Request

Thank you for your interest in upgrading your DVR(s). Click the Next button below to determine if your DVR(s) qualify for an upgrade.

So I click on "next"

Then I got this message

We see that you do not have a DVR, to order a DVR or upgrade to a DVR click here(Upgrade and Renewal Center) to process an order to add a DVR or upgrade to a DVR.

This has been like this since I started service back in May and nobody (verizon tech support, esupport, fios tech support, billing, orders, and supervisors know why)

UnnDunn
Premium
join:2005-12-21
Brooklyn, NY
Just go to your local Verizon store and swap the boxes in person.

sillyshydq

I did do that and they said my account is set up with cisco (I think that may be an excuse)

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:3
reply to sillyshydq
Do you currently have a Cisco STB? In that case, your account would indeed have to be switched to use a Motorola STB.

sillyshydq

How do I do that? Customer service told me that once my account it provisioned for one brand it could not be changed and this was from a supervisor.

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:17
If you already have Cisco STB's, your DVR has a 500GB internal drive. The one time $39.99 fee is to upgrade a non-500GB DVR - which you've already got....

If you want to purchase an eSATA drive, they are available from multiple retailers.

Verizon partners with Western Digital for 2 'approved' eSATA drives, 1 is 500GB and the other is 1TB.

guppy_fish
Premium
join:2003-12-09
Lakeland, FL
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to sillyshydq
said by sillyshydq:

I did do that and they said my account is set up with cisco (I think that may be an excuse)

Nope, that's a fact. Once you have Ciscos, you can't get anything else as they can't be mixed with the Motorola's.

So now you have your answer why online wouldn't work, to bad the website could explain that for you.

prisaz

join:2008-08-11
Germantown, MD
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

4 edits
reply to sillyshydq
I prefer the Cisco. Same drive storage space, about the same CPU, slightly more memory, and better GPU. Down the road I understand that the newer boxes will be released in Motorola first. (DVR Server, client.) The Cisco development lags the Motorola but is a different development path and img, even though they have the same img number, the build number will be different. If you need more space you will need the external storage.

Western Digital – WDBACS5000EBK-NEVZ – 500GB
Western Digital – WDBACS0010HBK-NEVZ – 1TB
Western Digital Retail – WDBABT0010HBK-NESN – 1TB

»www22.verizon.com/Support/Reside···9841.htm
This looks like they were talking about last summers deployment of 1.9 and not this summers 1.91. Left hand right hand thing.

"
There is no charge for eSATA service. The only cost would be the purchase of an eSATA device at an electronics store or online outlet.
"

prisaz

join:2008-08-11
Germantown, MD
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to sillyshydq
Just in case you did not find one. WD store has them on their website.
»store.westerndigital.com/store/w···59262500