spc
Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Flashfox
Eco-Text -- Why print E-mails?

join:2003-10-01
Melbourne, FL

[TV] Avaliability of a channel list for direct-connect TVs?

OK... I have 4 TVs in our house. Three of them use cable boxes but one, the guest room TV, is connected directly to the cable. For this TV, I use the built-in digital tuner.

First, I need to say that it works fine in that I receive quite a number of stations. To my surprise, 60+ are still in "analog" (I thought they were replaced?) while 58 are in digital.

However, my problem is that I cannot find any listing of the channels offered by BHN. For example, channel 13 in CFN/BHN13 SD while 13.1 is CFN/BHN HD.

So the question is simple: Where can I find a listing of BHN channels offered when direct connection to the cable is used?

I live in West Melbourne, 32904

Flashfox

Melbourne, FL

I need to be a bit more precise. There is a listing offered by BHN. It's located here: »brighthouse.com/static/documents···neup.pdf

However, it only provides a small sample. I receive over 110 channels but this listing only shows ~39 channels. Where can I find the rest?

opp

@bhn.net

»applications.brighthouse.com/cha···ult.aspx just enter your zip

Flashfox

Melbourne, FL

Been there, done that... actually, you click on the link above where you enter the zip code. ("Looking for Channel Lineups for Digital Ready TVs with a QAM tuner? Download now!")

As I noted in my previous E-mail, a list is generated but many channels are not on that list.

I am looking for a list of all of the channels you can receive with a direct coax connection to the TV.

Seems like it's a combination of channels 2-99 plus the x.y digital channels. However, several digital channels that I receive are not on that list (sigh)

opp

@bhn.net
reply to opp

If yours is like mine (last time I looked,been a while) a lot of them are repeats different resolutions of same channel, weird ones video no audio etc. Looking at list for my area looks like a lot of the standard line up channels like ESPN are clear QAM now, wasn't that way last time I looked.

Nayan

@bhn.net
reply to Flashfox

Which ones aren't on the list that you're getting?

opp

@bhn.net
reply to Flashfox

You are looking at the standard line up too, if it doesn't have converter needed you should be getting them too.