alkizmo
join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC

alkizmo to telco_mtl

to telco_mtl

Re: True story - Paveway sealing hottie

said by telco_mtl:

Heck they could be cutting the sealant with old motor oil for all you know,

The original point of my thread before our Lord Nunya pointed to scam!

OIL! IN MY SOIL! OY!
telco_mtl
join:2012-01-06

telco_mtl

said by alkizmo:

said by telco_mtl:

Heck they could be cutting the sealant with old motor oil for all you know,

The original point of my thread before our Lord Nunya pointed to scam!

OIL! IN MY SOIL! OY!

and you never know whats in the oil, dioxin, pcb etc. i remember times beach!

FiReSTaRT
Premium Member
join:2010-02-26
Canada

FiReSTaRT

Premium Member

At the old house, my neighbor was scammed by such a crew. It was supposed to be a quick fixup and the price was right for that service, but they didn't fix half of what was wrong with it and then they just sprayed the black stuff over it. I'm glad I waited to see the results of their work before committing (or in this case not committing) to anything

alkizmo
Pierrefonds, QC

alkizmo to telco_mtl

to telco_mtl
said by telco_mtl:

i remember times beach!

Yeah... but I'm more worried about soil contamination similar to oil tanks LIKE YOURS!!! leaking.

I doubt a gypsy chemical company pays gypsies to spray waste on people's driveways
telco_mtl

telco_mtl

said by alkizmo:

said by telco_mtl:

i remember times beach!

Yeah... but I'm more worried about soil contamination similar to oil tanks LIKE YOURS!!! leaking.

I doubt a gypsy chemical company pays gypsies to spray waste on people's driveways

first thing i did was get a roth double wall tank put in and double wall oil lines, my tank is 10 feet away from the furnace, all lines visible.

alkizmo
Pierrefonds, QC

alkizmo

said by telco_mtl:

first thing i did was get a roth double wall tank put in and double wall oil lines, my tank is 10 feet away from the furnace, all lines visible.

Zoidberg: All 6,000 hulls have been breached!
Fry: Oh, the fools! If only they'd built it with 6,001 hulls! When will they learn?

Shadow01
Premium Member
join:2003-10-24
Wasteland

Shadow01 to alkizmo

Premium Member

to alkizmo
You have thousands of miles of asphalt roads around you and you are worried about a minimal amount of oil being added to that total on a driveway reseal?

alkizmo
Pierrefonds, QC

alkizmo

said by Shadow01:

You have thousands of miles of asphalt roads around you and you are worried about a minimal amount of oil being added to that total on a driveway reseal?

Yes. If for X reason my soil is tested and deemed contaminated, I face thousands of dollars in clean up fees.
telco_mtl

telco_mtl

said by alkizmo:

said by Shadow01:

Yes. If for X reason my soil is tested and deemed contaminated, I face thousands of dollars in clean up fees.

you would be surprised how many 50s and 60s houses have that problem, people back in the day would change their own oil and dump the used stuff on the driveway, in the back corner of the yard etc. If you have a hydro pole on your property you have contamination!