Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn to android01

Premium Member

to android01

Re: Teksavvy Cable - Connection Dropping every 4-8 Hours

said by android01:

Anyone smart enough to explain the last 4 channels to me please?

Your Node may not have been upgraded yet.

Your signal power is outside recommended levels. I'm surprised the agent didn't open a ticket to have that looked at.

You should get in touch with us once again.

Martin

android01
join:2011-11-25

android01

Thanks Martin, will open a ticket with you guys now.
Aside from the twice daily network resets , which I've grown accustomed to. I've seen my speed tank over the last 12 hours starting around sunset last night. Ive got the 70 dollar cable package, a brand new n66u router , just reformatted my gaming machine with all the latest drivers and up until last night was able to do downloads and speed tests pushing the big 4000. ( more like 3.1Mbps on steam downloads ) now i can barely break 200kbps and i haven't changed a single thing. Power cycling Modem, then router then laptop in that order before applying a new speedtest yielded the same results. Even tried other servers , same low speed. My 1080p youtube videos are like watching a slide show. Even with my modem rebooting twice a day it only frustrated me for 30 seconds. But now that im stuck in the slow lane im watching the speedtest needle bounce similar to the upload throttle and doing a real " Hmmmmm" here. i wonder if the 50 gb i downloaded yesterday put me on the rogers naughty slow lane list.