spc
Search similar:

uniqs

bcornel
@direcway.com

bcornel

Anon

hughes email uploads

i can't think of any system changes. been sending emails fine until around the 5th. now nothing gets out on my hughesnet account. retrieving email offers no problems. here is error:

7/7/2012, 12:44:30: SEND - Connecting to SMTP server smtp.hughes.net on port 25
7/7/2012, 12:44:33: SEND - connected to SMTP server
7/7/2012, 12:44:36: SEND - authenticating (plain)...
7/7/2012, 12:44:39: SEND - sending message to xxxx@sbcglobal.net
!7/7/2012, 12:44:41: SEND - Server reports error. The response is: 5.7.8 Error: authentication failed: Invalid base64 data in continued response

anyone else having this problem or any clues about what is failing? same email program (the bat pro 3.6.2) sends out on the my gmail account with no issues.

thanks, bcornel32@gmail.com
One More Too
join:2010-09-09
Galena, IL

One More Too

If you have not tried it already, try rebooting your router (assuming that you are using one). Also, make sure that the router is using the latest firmware available.

bcornel
@direcway.com

bcornel

Anon

sorry. did reboot on the 9200 modem and the wireless router. no luck. took the wireless router out of the system. still no luck.
nedriv
join:2006-08-07
Somerset, CA

nedriv

Hi, don't know if you've tried this or if it will help.
Did you unplug the power to the 9200. I had problems previously, not the same as yours, but I clicked on "Restart HN9200" several times over several days, (I know -- the definition of insanity) but continued to have the problem.

I finally bit the bullet, and talked to the Indians. They insisted I unplug the 9200, wait 20-30 seconds and then plug it back in.

I was TOTALLY surprised --- the problem was fixed.

Anyway, for what it's worth, I hope it might help you.
Finn532
join:2012-07-03

1 edit

Finn532 to bcornel

to bcornel
Is this any help?

»www.thatsgeeky.com/2011/ ··· -server/

bcornel
@direcway.com

bcornel

Anon

yes, the info on using telnet to communicate with the email server was very useful. but haven't solved the problem. it likes my user id, but not my password on the smtp server. oddly enough, the email program uses exact same settings for retrieving mail as it does for sending mail. so i'm not sure why i'm good to go for email downloads, but can't get uploads across since i'm using the same user id/password combo.
i went into managment at hughes and changed the email password, thinking it might correct the issue by changing the password on both the pop3 server as well as the smtp server, but the problem remains.
bcornel

bcornel to nedriv

Anon

to nedriv
killed the power to the 9200 several times. and yes, this is a good way of fixing problems. don't know why, but i've got a couple programs that if i'm running them, i had best not access the internet through my web browser. if i do, then i lose the ability to access the internet completely until i do a hard reboot of the 9200. for those curious, the web browser is firefox/waterfox and the conflicting programs are clonedvd and nero burning rom. so if i'm encoding a video file so i can burn it out to a dvd, i had best stay away from web surfing with waterfox or firefox. if i try to do both, the 9200 gets hung up for some reason and only a hard reboot (power kill) will bring things back. beats me.
One More Too
join:2010-09-09
Galena, IL

One More Too

What anti-virus software are you using?

A couple of months ago, I discovered that the Avast AV software that I was using was the cause of email issues, failed ftp transfers, and extended boot times on my computers, and the issues were all resolved only after I completely uninstalled the Avast. I know it is a long shot for your email issues, but I thought it was worth mentioning as a possibility.

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

grohgreg to bcornel

to bcornel
Open your email account properties. Remove SMTP.HUGHES.NET and POP.HUGHES.NET and replace both with 64.98.36.135

//greg//