uniqs

Dennis
Mod
join:2001-01-26
Algonquin, IL

Dennis

Mod

Nicor Electric

Got a flyer in the mail today about switching to them and I was wondering if anyone else had or if they had switched?

drmorley
MVM
join:2000-12-20
Three Lakes, WI

drmorley

MVM

No clue about them, but our town just switch to MC^2. July is our first month, but the savings appear to be in the 35% range with no contract/fine print shenanigans.

More to follow...

Jon5
Premium Member
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL

Jon5 to Dennis

Premium Member

to Dennis
Looks like they're just getting in on the re-selling craze.
This is what worries me about these things.
quote:
A: Yes, if you decide that you would prefer to have your electricity supplied by your utility, you can switch back subject to the terms of your Nicor ElectricSM contract.
I've been doing fine on RTP. Average 50-60/mo savings. Saved $74 last month.

gdm
MVM
join:2001-06-15
Mchenry, IL

gdm to Dennis

MVM

to Dennis
AC went off this morning, a little worried what my ComEd bill after ask this heat.

Dennis
Mod
Algonquin, IL

Dennis

Mod

said by gdm:

AC went off this morning, a little worried what my ComEd bill after ask this heat.

Yeah no joke. With three kids not like I can turn the AC up really.

gdm
MVM
Mchenry, IL

gdm

MVM

Yeah we had ours set to 75 & at was still 80 in the house at times.

Warzau
Premium Member
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL

Warzau to Dennis

Premium Member

to Dennis
I just got our bill for our utility ( electric, water, refuse) YIPES dbl the usual amount.

insomniac
Oh Yeah
Premium Member
join:2002-09-22
Naperville, IL

insomniac

Premium Member

I was just thinking about what mine was probably going to be. Then I realized that our electric meter usually gets read around the 1st of the month, so this month's bill won't even include most of the heat wave.
67845017 (banned)
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL

67845017 (banned) to Dennis

to Dennis
My secretary signed up earlier this year. Actual savings. Plus Nicor is certainly trustworthy in my books.

gdm
MVM
Mchenry, IL

gdm to Jon5

MVM

to Jon5
Jon I'm looking at the RTP program. Did you enroll in the AC option as well? Debating on that one and I just say they are charging a monthly fee (only .39 cents) now for the RTP program.

Jon5
Premium Member
Lisle, IL

Jon5

Premium Member

You mean the AC cycling thing? No we didn't do that so I can't give an opinion on it. I just use our programmable thermostat. You could try it and if it doesn't do anything, just drop it. I don't think there's a commitment or ETF.

We've done pretty well on the basic RTP though. We average $60-$70/mo savings over the last two years. Of course, I need to figure out why the f**k we're using 1900 kWh a month. Need to get a kW meter for my panel.

gdm
MVM
Mchenry, IL

gdm

MVM

Yeah we were debating it because of the dogs in the house.

I did have my guy out to check the AC. He found that dog hair got in the coil and was blocked. So I'm worried what our bill will be. He said it was working overtime because of that. When we brush the dogs some fur is still in the yard we just need to do better at picking it up.

Dennis
Mod
Algonquin, IL

Dennis

Mod

said by gdm:

Yeah we were debating it because of the dogs in the house.

I did have my guy out to check the AC. He found that dog hair got in the coil and was blocked.

Ugh...I usually clean my coils every couple of years but have been lazy lately.

gdm
MVM
Mchenry, IL

gdm

MVM

My ComEd bill just came $192......

Jon5
Premium Member
Lisle, IL

Jon5

Premium Member

said by gdm:

My ComEd bill just came $192......

$196 here

Dennis
Mod
Algonquin, IL

Dennis

Mod

I think we were $218, not sure cause I'm travelling right now. Then again we have kids, computers, xbox's so I'm not shocked.

Gonna put a freaking timer on the bathroom light switch. I swear to god!

gdm
MVM
Mchenry, IL

gdm

MVM

I actually thought we were going to be above $200.

I have my 2 workstations running 24/7 and we really only use our 1TV. I hear you with the lights.

It'll be interesting to see what the RTP program does. No idea when it gets installed yet.
67845017 (banned)
Naperville, IL

67845017 (banned)

We were at $350 through Naperville Electric. Too many electronics running in the house constantly I think. And don't even talk about the lights . . .

Jon5
Premium Member
Lisle, IL

Jon5 to gdm

Premium Member

to gdm
said by gdm:

It'll be interesting to see what the RTP program does. No idea when it gets installed yet.

Here's what it did for the current bill for us.

Current Month
Billing Period: 6/25/2012 to 7/26/2012
RRTP Bill: $196.00
Standard Fixed-Rate Bill: $233.47
Total Bill $ Savings: $37.47
Total Bill % Savings: 16.05%
Total Electric Supply Services % Savings: 23.21%*

Not as great as it usually is. We're usually around 30-40% but demand has been so high with the heat, I'm sure that has something to do with it. Still $40 is nothing to sneeze at.

gdm
MVM
Mchenry, IL

gdm

MVM

I'd take that and I'm sure your right because of the heat demand is higher so prices are as well.

JimThePCGuy
Formerly known as schja01.
MVM
join:2000-04-27
Morton Grove, IL

JimThePCGuy

MVM

I live in a shoebox.
July 25th bill was $135.
Usual bill $95.
I'm OK with it.

The village just dumped ComEd so I am by default going with the new provider chosen by the Village starting later this month. Supposedly $0.045/kwh vs $0.085? that ComEd charged.

They say it'll save the average resident a few hundred dollars a year.
I replaced every light in the house with CFLs years ago wherever possible. I think the stove, refrigerator, garage door opener and microwave are the only ones left with incandescent lamps.
J

Warzau
Premium Member
Naperville, IL

Warzau to 67845017

Premium Member

to 67845017
said by 67845017:

We were at $350 through Naperville Electric. Too many electronics running in the house constantly I think. And don't even talk about the lights . . .

But how much for the whole bill

StepR
Code Warrior
Premium Member
join:2000-11-06
Elgin, IL

StepR to Dennis

Premium Member

to Dennis
$258, with wife and kids home all day and each with a computer, and the fact that my wife thinks no day is complete without turning on the oven to roast or bake something even when the temps are 100 degrees. But I suppose I should count myself lucky for that.
67845017 (banned)
Naperville, IL

67845017 (banned) to Warzau

to Warzau
Almost $525. All the water my wife uses for watering the plants and grass for three hours a day . . .

Jon5
Premium Member
Lisle, IL

Jon5

Premium Member

The only thing we've watered is the vegi garden. F**k everything else. It'll come back next year. I've already written off hope of the yard looking decent this year. Plus it's too late in the season to start caring now. So more free time for me.
67845017 (banned)
Naperville, IL

67845017 (banned)

I tell her the same thing. But it's her hobby and we probably have one of the nicest houses in the neighborhood in terms of landscaping. So I can't be too hard on her.

Warzau
Premium Member
Naperville, IL

Warzau to 67845017

Premium Member

to 67845017
Yipes I thought ours was bad $424 for everything. I gave up halfway through June trying to keep the grass awake. I let it go dormant. The edges where our neighbors still water is awake . But we used a rainbarrel and use that water for the garden.

drmorley
MVM
join:2000-12-20
Three Lakes, WI

drmorley to Dennis

MVM

to Dennis
said by Dennis:

Gonna put a freaking timer on the bathroom light switch. I swear to god!

Amen brother! I've been threatening to do that four months.

Warzau
Premium Member
Naperville, IL

Warzau

Premium Member

I did it for the exhaust fans. But my girls are good about the bathroom lights.
67845017 (banned)
Naperville, IL

67845017 (banned)

My kids are typically fine with lights, but for some reason they can't turn of the upstairs hallway lights. 480W for no reason for who knows how long at a time.