Lurch77
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
Green Bay, WI

Lurch77

Premium Member

Viper Destroyed

Click for full size

I hate seeing a collectible car being destroyed. Some teen punk stole the car from a small village near here, and proceeded to run from the police. He ended up going over stop sticks, and wrecked the car. The kid bailed and ran into the woods, and they have not been able to locate him as of yet.

Also, the cops around here need to learn how to deploy stop sticks safely. »www.fox11online.com//dpp ··· of-i-43#

DeltaElite
We Dont Dial 911
join:2002-03-29
Tucker, GA

DeltaElite

The kid, when found, should be shot by a firing squad at dawn on the towne square.....

No_Strings

The OC

3 recommendations

No_Strings

Or sentenced to drive a Yaris until he turns 25.

Vamp
5c077
Premium Member
join:2003-01-28
MD

Vamp to DeltaElite

Premium Member

to DeltaElite
said by DeltaElite:

The kid, when found, should be shot by a firing squad at dawn on the towne square.....

Maybe if it was a early-60-70-80s good car.. But we are talking about a 96 viper.

Lurch77
Premium Member
Green Bay, WI

1 recommendation

Lurch77

Premium Member

1996 Dodge or not, the Viper has always been a desirable car for it's various traits. 30 years from now cars like this will be admired in the same fashion we currently admire a 60s muscle car. And what's this about the 80s? Good cars from the 80s?

No_Strings

The OC

No_Strings

When the gym workout isn't enough, walk the rest of the way home from your new Oldsmobile.

DeltaElite
We Dont Dial 911
Tucker, GA

DeltaElite

I'm more of a Motorcycle fan then cars.....And I grew up with the 60's and 70's cars.....(NOTHING Made in the 80's makes any list of nice cars for me...) The 90's only have a few bright spots...

But, even though I rebuilt 340's,440's and an occasional 416 Wedge blindfolded, there is nothing on the current Chrysler/Dodge or Plymouth lots that would tempt me to spend my hard earned cash there.....Except the Viper.

Even if you HATE MOPAR brands, if your being honest with yourself the Viper is one hell of a nice ride and has been since it Debuted.

But anybody who thinks its ok to steal anothers hard earned, well loved property and then thrash it like this kid did needs a lead/copper overdose.

I volunteer to pull the triggers.

Lurch77
Premium Member
Green Bay, WI

1 recommendation

Lurch77

Premium Member

Let's see if we can think of any memorable cars from the 80s. I can only think of the Buick Grand National and GNX.

DeltaElite
We Dont Dial 911
Tucker, GA

DeltaElite

those 2 are all I can think of....Everything else was cheaped out detuned crap.

Even the Corvette took a 10 year brake!

No_Strings

The OC

1 recommendation

No_Strings

Disc or drum?

Lurch77
Premium Member
Green Bay, WI

1 recommendation

Lurch77

Premium Member

Compression release engine brake. AKA Jake Brake.

No_Strings

The OC

No_Strings

Nice save.

DeltaElite
We Dont Dial 911
Tucker, GA

DeltaElite to Lurch77

to Lurch77
Thanks Lurch!
dave
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

dave to Lurch77

Premium Member

to Lurch77
said by Lurch77:

Let's see if we can think of any memorable cars from the 80s.

"AMC Concord". If you'd ever driven one, you'd remember it.

(I used to travel to the USA from the UK on business quite a lot in the late '70s and early '80s, and it seemed like every rental was a %!#*ing AMC Concord. It's where I learned to love the American automobile.)

Lurch77
Premium Member
Green Bay, WI

Lurch77

Premium Member

When I said memorable, I mean memorable to the population as a whole for it's performance or style. The AMC might be memorable to you personally, but there was nothing about that car worth remembering for most of us.
quote:
A Concord with the V8 engine (only available 1978-79) accelerated from 0 to 60 mph (0 to 97 km/h) in 10.4 seconds, and had a top speed of 100 miles per hour (160 km/h).
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AM ··· _Concord
dave
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

dave

Premium Member

Yeah, I know what you meant. I just like to be literal at times. Sorry.

As far as I recall, rental AMC Conks had a 0-60 mph time of a few hours, or as long as it took to find a suitable downhill road.
mob (banned)
On the next level..
join:2000-10-07
San Jose, CA

mob (banned) to Lurch77

to Lurch77
I'd chip in on his bail.

He did the right thing, just in the wrong way.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to Lurch77

Premium Member

to Lurch77
Serves that kid right

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium Member
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ

C0deZer0 to Lurch77

Premium Member

to Lurch77

The Knight Industries Two Thousand would like a word with you.
Click for full size
So would a certain Doctor Brown...
said by Lurch77:

Let's see if we can think of any memorable cars from the 80s. I can only think of the Buick Grand National and GNX.

Is that a challenge?

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

said by C0deZer0:

Is that a challenge?

Funny you would post a painted Delorean. A local Atlanta Dealer offered them in OEM Stainless or you could get them painted Fire Engine Red or Midnight Blue for no extra charge if you would just buy one from their inventory. They had over 40 at the main lot to sell off back in the day.

C0deZer0
Premium Member
Tempe, AZ

C0deZer0

Premium Member

After playing through the BTTF game, I would personally have wanted one in that Electric Blue. You'll understand if you made it through to the finale.

Lurch77
Premium Member
Green Bay, WI

Lurch77 to C0deZer0

Premium Member

to C0deZer0
Movie cars don't count, I'm talking about real cars people could buy off the lot. Have you ever driven a real 80s Firebird? Good looking, but performance can only be called OK when compared to other 80s cars. The Delorean was OK to look at (when not painted) and had that rare appeal, though it's performance is on par with other 80s ho-hum vehicles. 130hp and 0-60 in 10.5 seconds. »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De ··· formance
lamborghini
join:2012-07-19
Hughes Springs, TX

lamborghini to Lurch77

to Lurch77
Use destroyed car and a quarter-pipe to trash stacks of clunkers. Is there any sweeter way to waste technology? I think not, people. Its can be helpful when the car destroyed due to accident that we the condition of vehicles when they are destroyed during a big accident.

DeltaElite
We Dont Dial 911
Tucker, GA

DeltaElite to C0deZer0

to C0deZer0
said by C0deZer0:

said by Lurch77:

Is that a challenge?

Keep trying,

It was a piece of shit then,its still a piece of shit and even the movie had to give it another engine to get it over the nationl speed limit.

mjhouser
Premium Member
join:2001-10-06

mjhouser to Lurch77

Premium Member

to Lurch77

1984 Dodge Colt GTS Turbo
I bought one of these (Black Special Edition) new in 84. Subcompact turbocharged cars were hot and very quick back then.

Cho Baka
MVM
join:2000-11-23
there

Cho Baka to Lurch77

MVM

to Lurch77
More 80's gold:

C0deZer0
Premium Member
Tempe, AZ

C0deZer0 to Lurch77

Premium Member

to Lurch77
Back to the original topic, did they ever find the little shit that ruined the Viper or what?

Lurch77
Premium Member
Green Bay, WI

Lurch77

Premium Member

Yes, they caught the guy. Turns out he is some 24 year old waste of flesh that has never contributed anything to society. Imagine that.

As for the remarkable cars of the 80s, I see you are posting a bunch imports. OK cars, but I guess it is a matter of opinion. Few of those listed so far are going to be seen at cars shows 30 years form now.

BonezX
Basement Dweller
Premium Member
join:2004-04-13
Canada

BonezX

Premium Member

Audi sport Quattro
Toyota Corolla GTS
Toyota MR2
Toyota Supra
Metro 6R4
Renault R5 turbo
Ford RS200
Lancia Delta S4
Lancia Delta Integrale
Lancia 037
Mazda RX7 (1st and 2nd gen)
Mazda 323 Turbo 4x4(the thought just amuses me)
Nissan Skyline R32 (it was 89, close enough)
Chevrolet Camaro (2nd and 3rd gen)
Lamborghini Countach
Ferrari 288 GTO EVO(seriously look this thing up)

none of them are really "pretty" but they all have something that makes them special(like requiring a little more work then a prius to drive), as for American cars, the 80's pretty much sucked except for a few specific cars(the ford listed there was from the euro division, i seriously don't count it as a north american car).

as for the viper, we had a guy about 2 years after they came out kill a couple people on the sidewalk when the amount of car overcame his ability to drive, which wouldn't have happened if the showoff factor didn't overpower common sense. mind you he got the car from a family members payout after a work accident.