share rss forum feed

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ
reply to Doctor Olds

Re: Viper Destroyed

After playing through the BTTF game, I would personally have wanted one in that Electric Blue. You'll understand if you made it through to the finale.
--
Because, f*ck Sony

Lurch77
Premium
join:2001-11-22
Oconto, WI
kudos:4
reply to C0deZer0
Movie cars don't count, I'm talking about real cars people could buy off the lot. Have you ever driven a real 80s Firebird? Good looking, but performance can only be called OK when compared to other 80s cars. The Delorean was OK to look at (when not painted) and had that rare appeal, though it's performance is on par with other 80s ho-hum vehicles. 130hp and 0-60 in 10.5 seconds. »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeLorean_D···formance

lamborghini

join:2012-07-19
Hughes Springs, TX
reply to Lurch77
Use destroyed car and a quarter-pipe to trash stacks of clunkers. Is there any sweeter way to waste technology? I think not, people. Its can be helpful when the car destroyed due to accident that we the condition of vehicles when they are destroyed during a big accident.

DeltaElite
We Dont Dial 911

join:2002-03-29
Tucker, GA
kudos:1
reply to C0deZer0
said by C0deZer0:

said by Lurch77:

Let's see if we can think of any memorable cars from the 80s. I can only think of the Buick Grand National and GNX.

Is that a challenge?

Keep trying,

It was a piece of shit then,its still a piece of shit and even the movie had to give it another engine to get it over the nationl speed limit.
--
Protect your right to keep and arm bears!

mjhouser
Premium
join:2001-10-06
reply to Lurch77

1984 Dodge Colt GTS Turbo
I bought one of these (Black Special Edition) new in 84. Subcompact turbocharged cars were hot and very quick back then.

Cho Baka
Premium,MVM
join:2000-11-23
there
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Lurch77
More 80's gold:

--
The talented hawk speaks French.

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ
reply to Lurch77
Back to the original topic, did they ever find the little shit that ruined the Viper or what?
--
Because, f*ck Sony

Lurch77
Premium
join:2001-11-22
Oconto, WI
kudos:4
Yes, they caught the guy. Turns out he is some 24 year old waste of flesh that has never contributed anything to society. Imagine that.

As for the remarkable cars of the 80s, I see you are posting a bunch imports. OK cars, but I guess it is a matter of opinion. Few of those listed so far are going to be seen at cars shows 30 years form now.

BonezX
Basement Dweller
Premium
join:2004-04-13
Canada
kudos:1
Audi sport Quattro
Toyota Corolla GTS
Toyota MR2
Toyota Supra
Metro 6R4
Renault R5 turbo
Ford RS200
Lancia Delta S4
Lancia Delta Integrale
Lancia 037
Mazda RX7 (1st and 2nd gen)
Mazda 323 Turbo 4x4(the thought just amuses me)
Nissan Skyline R32 (it was 89, close enough)
Chevrolet Camaro (2nd and 3rd gen)
Lamborghini Countach
Ferrari 288 GTO EVO(seriously look this thing up)

none of them are really "pretty" but they all have something that makes them special(like requiring a little more work then a prius to drive), as for American cars, the 80's pretty much sucked except for a few specific cars(the ford listed there was from the euro division, i seriously don't count it as a north american car).

as for the viper, we had a guy about 2 years after they came out kill a couple people on the sidewalk when the amount of car overcame his ability to drive, which wouldn't have happened if the showoff factor didn't overpower common sense. mind you he got the car from a family members payout after a work accident.