uniqs
share rss forum feed

milkman82

join:2006-06-19
Lakewood, OH
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US

What's a good VPN?

With Time Warner Cable soon jumping on the spy bandwagon July 12th. I was wondering if anyone has started looking into a decent VPN service? I looked over a few and like what I heard about privateinternetaccess.com and how it works with the DD-WRT software. I was wondering if any fellow Time Warner users have or are using their service and if it matches up to the name?

I have never been one to really care what the ISP logs about me. Yet, lately it has been bothering me what I been hearing about July 12th and I can only see it getting worse. I remember one of the tier 3 techs making a cocky remark about streaming Netflix on my tv and how thats a strain on the system running at 1MB/s. Anymore I feel the less they know the better.

csiemers

join:2000-09-16
Portland, OR
Reviews:
·Comcast
·VOIPO

I'm not on Time Warner, but I to have an ISP that will be watching my families every move.

We do a lot of Korean Drama torrents, so I've signed up for BTGuard.com's BitTorrent Proxy service. I only signed up for 3 months to try it out and it has been working very nicely. I will probably sign up for a year once that 3 month period is over.

Now, BTGuard does offer a VPN service, but I never found out enough about on their website so . . . I went to overplay.net to try out their VPN service so that I can watch the Olympics (I don't subscribe to cable or satellite) on BBC and it is working out pretty well in what I've tried. I'm only going to use the service until the Olympics are over as I don't have much need for VPN service, but it is good to have someone that I have tried.
--
»www.caryontech.com

China Man

@119.132.101.x
reply to milkman82

I'm an American living in China right now so a VPN is essential for me to get on Facebook, Hulu, ect. I found a pretty cool site. You just google "dynu". It's the first site listed »www.dynu.com . They also do dynamic DNS and other IT related things if your interested in that. I just use the VPN service though. Only $6/month. Cheers!!!

RR User

@bhn.net

I'm using RR (which is same as Time Warner), and »www.privateinternetaccess.com does work for me too. I found it actually by just searching for vpn service on Google.

BIGMIKE
Premium
join:2002-06-07
Westminster, CA
reply to csiemers

going to back fire ISP are going to have lawsuits

i think i will download a lot of linux OS

10 More Sites for Free and Legal Torrents
»gigaom.com/video/ten-more-sites-···orrents/

milkman82

join:2006-06-19
Lakewood, OH
reply to RR User

Yeah, I think I am leaning towards them... The fact they accept bit coins even further proves they are into truly anonymous service I believe....

johnnytucats

join:2009-03-11
Baltimore, MD

1 edit
reply to milkman82

ivpn.net works very well for me. Not too much of a speed hit and some nice features, such as multiple connections allowed (from the same IP).

csiemers

join:2000-09-16
Portland, OR
Reviews:
·Comcast
·VOIPO

said by johnnytucats:

ivpn.net works very well for me. Not too much of a speed hit and some nice features, such as multiple connections allowed (from the same IP).

Here's the link without the affiliate parameter.
»www.ivpn.net

Kind of on the expensive side for a VPN.
--
»www.caryontech.com
Expand your moderator at work