how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

alan932

join:2002-01-12
Hamilton, OH

Change Default Gateway on Westell 7500

I'm not sure how to explain the technical need here but my current IP to get to settings is 192.168.200.1 I have an IP cam that connects on 192.168.1.52 but it will not show up. Do I need to change my westell to 192.168.1.1? If so how do I do that?

I have gone to
Advanced > LAN > DNS in settings and tried to change it there but when I do I cannot connect to the router using 192.168.1.1 and have to reset it to defaults to get back in to settings.
--
INetAlertView - Webcam security made Simple!
Http://www.ClearVisionSoftware.com

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

1 edit

Click for full size
Click for full size
Here are a couple screen shots that may help you. Reboot your PC after making the change so it will pick up a new IP address.

aefstoggaflm
Open Source Fan
Premium
join:2002-03-04
Bethlehem, PA
kudos:7
Reviews:
·PenTeleData
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to alan932

#1 I know your Westell 7500 is connected to a power supply and most likely is connected to a phone line.

#2 Besides what I listed: What else has a wired connection to this Westell of yours?
--
Please use the "yellow (IM) envelope" to contact me and please leave the URL intact.

alan933again

@fuse.net

sorry I can't log in , i am having the toughest time posting on here and changing password and retreiving password. I found out that I don't need to change the default gateway after all as the cam can use DHCP to get an IP from the router.