DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to Alpha Phoenix

Re: "Dark Knight Rising" -- 13 minute featurette

it looked to me that he had some sort of knee brace that fox made that allowed him to use his leg again.

As to Bane, ya its possible to get all you need via IV, just think of coma patiants.

Or maybe Bane just deals with the pain for a short time each time he eats

Fir_Na_Tine
Giggity Giggity
Premium
join:2001-01-03
Sout Joisy

1 recommendation

reply to darcilicious
Saw it today. Thought it was great, as good if not better than the 2nd one. Great acting, story and action.

Only thing that sucked is a manager at the concession stand wouldn't honor the free soda coupon that Paceteers posted. She said it was a scam or something. I said I didn't think it was but she wouldn't budge. Ended up buying sodas where we usually smuggle in our own soda,water and food. $20 for two sodas and popcorn is a crime. At least it was a early show for $6.
--
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4

1 recommendation

reply to Alpha Phoenix
said by Alpha Phoenix:

I found a major flaw.

(spoiler)

Other than that, I loved it and thought it was a fantastic movie!

Yeah, that was medically impossible to recover from in 4 months. My fucking thumb wouldn't recover that quick.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
The answer is, magic doc.

If you can't explain it then a wizard done it.

Packeteers
Premium
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

4 edits
reply to darcilicious
FYI: a low res english version of batman 3 is out today, but make sure you use a vpn/proxy to get it. peers are being pinged by Warner Brothers and a NY and UK based sniffer they may have subcontracted. after i watch it again i'll post my opinion of this movie.

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4

1 recommendation

It's a shitty cam print. It's a disgrace to watch it like that. Wait for the bluray rip.
--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
said by Alcohol:

It's a shitty cam print. It's a disgrace to watch it like that. Wait for the bluray rip.

Agreed!
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
said by Alpha Phoenix:

said by Alcohol:

Agreed!

+9001
Its a good movie and IMO WB should get paid for it.

captokita
Premium
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC
reply to darcilicious
Ok, went to see this Monday. I really enjoyed it. It didn't drag, and didn't seem like a near 3 hour movie.

Catwoman? Awwww yeah!

Complaints? Yes, I have a few, but my major one:

Bane being so "powerful" made sense in the comics, as he always pumped himself with venom which was basically roid-rage, the movie Bane wasn't this way, and thus his power didn't make sense. Sure, you can claim it's the mask blocking his pain that gives him the power, but it just doesn't work for me. They did a good job showing him as badass, but I just didn't like that. Breaking the venom lines was the way for Batman to beat him, or at least cut his overbearing power. Instead I'm to believe he healed from a broken back in such a short time frame, and was also far more powerful strength wise.

One other complaint was Bane was so damn hard to understand. Too many times I found myself saying "What the hell did you say?" So they should've done more to make what he says understandable.

But I'll be seeing it again with one of my friends when I go visit MA in a week. Looking forward to it.

Was it better than #2? I don't think so, but it was great in it's own way.

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI
I agree.

I think it came off as natural brute strength mixed with league of shadow training. I think he came off well because of how he choose to off the people that came in his way. It wasn't with a gun, but more physical strength manuvers.

Knee to face. Neck break. Back break. All feats of physical domination.

--
Leaning out a window with a cocked shotgun. Driving up the block in the car they shot Pac in. Looking for Big's killers. Dressing ridiculous. Blue and red like I don't know what the big deal is.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
Tom Hardy is only 5'10" in real life. It was camera tricks and angles that made him look like he was towering over people and his opponents.

Jay_
Formerly known as Carnage
Premium
join:2001-05-15
Pickering On
kudos:2

1 recommendation

Saw the movie yesterday. It was great and fit right in with the other 2 movies in my list of favorite movies of all time. Wasn't quite on Dark Knight's level (second movie) but it was close.

Bane was done well in my opinion. They pulled off making him seem larger than life and extremely powerful but following with the movie's theme of all these characters being based in real life situations. He wasn't huge because of drugs but because of his physical size and his training. Only gripe was having a hard time understanding him in some cases.

Catwoman was done amazingly. Anne Hathaway did a brilliant job!

I was a bit thrown off the back injury recovery but I looked past it. Would have been a bit easier to swallow if the time frame had been more than just a few months time to recover but not a big deal.

The back break itself was great tho! Just like the comics. haha

Overall, amazing flick and closes out the batman trilogy perfectly. I'll be pretty upset if this truly is the last Batman flick of this era.
--
"The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't, are both right. Which one are you?"

Fir_Na_Tine
Giggity Giggity
Premium
join:2001-01-03
Sout Joisy
said by Jay_:

Overall, amazing flick and closes out the batman trilogy perfectly. I'll be pretty upset if this truly is the last Batman flick of this era.

Given the ending I wonder too. Is it the end or is it the end with this cast and director?
--
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix

captokita
Premium
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

1 recommendation

said by Fir_Na_Tine:

Given the ending I wonder too. Is it the end or is it the end with this cast and director?

The ending kinda irked me a bit - "I prefer your other name 'Robin'" - REALLY? That's lame, it would've made more "fans" happy to have her say "I prefer your other name, Dick Grayson / Tim Drake" If you GO by Robin, it would be a tough road to hoe if you make a masked man named Robin....... But he COULD skip Robin altogether and just become Nightwing.