uniqs

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA

aaronwt to miked112

Premium Member

to miked112

Re: Give up my copper phone line to upgrade to 75\25?

My parents neighborhood has all above ground lines. With last weeks storm in the DC area, their power was fine as well as their comcast cable. Yet their Verizon POTS line went down for a week.
gadgetboyj
Premium Member
join:2009-08-25
Staten Island, NY

gadgetboyj

Premium Member

said by aaronwt:

My parents neighborhood has all above ground lines. With last weeks storm in the DC area, their power was fine as well as their comcast cable. Yet their Verizon POTS line went down for a week.

Verizon was probably much more focused on getting their FiOS subscribers back online before they fixed all of the downed POTS lines.

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt

Premium Member

said by gadgetboyj:

said by aaronwt:

Verizon was probably much more focused on getting their FiOS subscribers back online before they fixed all of the downed POTS lines.

FiOS was back up in hours. Yet the POTS lines in the area were down for almost a week. There were no issues with any utility poles in the area since Comcast lines and power lines were not affected.

There is no question that the POTS outage was unusual. They have lived there for 45 years and never had any issue with the POTS lines remotely similar. It just seems ironic that the POTS lines are supposed to be the most reliable, but in their situation it was actually the least reliable. And part of the reason they never changed phone service to Comcast or even FiOS was because of the supposed reliabilty.