spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

I_Grr

join:2012-05-16

Help in 90621

Sorry if this is not the correct place to post. To make the long story short, TWC is just the worst ISP I have ever used ( constant packet loss / DC, slow speeds etc). The only reason I have continued to use their services is there seemed to be no other viable option. At&t does service in this area, but I am really not a big fan of the "pay $ for data+ usage". I have read up on reviews for DSL extreme, but there seems to be so many mixed reviews; people facing similar problems as I am. There has to be a viable solution in this area, does it just come down to paying alot of $ for something that stable?

*Internet usage is primarily for streaming and gaming.

BIGMIKE
Premium
join:2002-06-07
Westminster, CA

said by I_Grr:

Sorry if this is not the correct place to post. To make the long story short, TWC is just the worst ISP I have ever used ( constant packet loss / DC, slow speeds etc). The only reason I have continued to use their services is there seemed to be no other viable option. At&t does service in this area, but I am really not a big fan of the "pay $ for data+ usage". I have read up on reviews for DSL extreme, but there seems to be so many mixed reviews; people facing similar problems as I am. There has to be a viable solution in this area, does it just come down to paying alot of $ for something that stable?

*Internet usage is primarily for streaming and gaming.

crappy copper wiring
How to Error Check a DSL Line Online
»www.ehow.com/how_7174780_error-c···ine.html

»/pingtest

I_Grr

reply to I_Grr

Anyone in the 90621 area with stable connection? Looking into getting DSL extreme, but I fear that I might face some similiar problems.

Bloominite
Premium
join:2004-04-17

said by I_Grr:

Anyone in the 90621 area with stable connection? Looking into getting DSL extreme, but I fear that I might face some similiar problems.

I was with DSLExtreme for several years and was more than satisfied with both the product and the level of service. I'd still be with them today if they offered service in my new location.

Does DSLE still require a 1 year contract? Here's what I'd do if a contract is required: Order DSL from AT&T, as they offer a 30 day period when you can cancel with no penalty. That way you'll find out what kind of speed and connectivity is available at your location. Then you can switch from ATT to DSLE within 30 days and you won't be out anything if the service sucks at your house. DSLE uses the same physical backbone as ATT so the service will be just as good. But DSLE's level of customer service is lightyears ahead of ATT.

Just be sure to call DSLE and let them handle the transfer of service instead of calling ATT to cancel. It will go a lot smoother that way.

Bloominite
Premium
join:2004-04-17
reply to I_Grr

DSLE has their own forum here where you can talk directly with the representative when you have problems or questions. It's been a few years since I posted there, but it used to be the company's general manager who ran the forum.

»DSL Extreme

I_Grr

reply to I_Grr

I really appreciate the detailed feedback. There have been quite a few mixed reviews with DSL extreme. The only thing I fear is this complex is real old, so the phone lines might not be up to par.

Boricua
Premium
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto
reply to I_Grr

I've had DSL through AT&T for more than 10 years and only had problems ever so rarely. As for the U-Verse, I started in 2009 and very few problems as well. As for the data caps, it is NOT been instituted to this day. As I understand it, they (AT&T) haven't been able to separate the data transmissions between the TV and data.
--
Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Indian. Robert Orben