All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
adamleecox
join:2012-05-13

adamleecox

[Business] Corporate Contact Number

I was wondering what might be a good number to get a hold of a contact at corporate that might be able to help me. We are a library that re-newed out contract and are supposed to be getting the 22/5 and are only getting 12/2. I still have the emails with the contact at Comcast but, when I call them, the support says that they have the 12/2 on file.

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru

Premium Member

said by adamleecox:

I was wondering what might be a good number to get a hold of a contact at corporate that might be able to help me. We are a library that re-newed out contract and are supposed to be getting the 22/5 and are only getting 12/2. I still have the emails with the contact at Comcast but, when I call them, the support says that they have the 12/2 on file.

Call your sales rep and hound them that they need to update your account. You should hopefully have a contact number for them from when you renewed your contract and bumped the speed.

JohnInSJ
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA

JohnInSJ to adamleecox

Premium Member

to adamleecox
said by adamleecox:

Are y ou paying for 12/2? What does your bill say?

If you're paying for 12/2, just call in and request being moved to 22/5, there is no charge (other than the difference in the service cost) for changing speed tiers.

baineschile
2600 ways to live
Premium Member
join:2008-05-10
Sterling Heights, MI

baineschile to adamleecox

Premium Member

to adamleecox
You could try ComcastSteve in the forums here as well.

But i think reaching out to corporate for something as simple as this is a little overkill.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44 to adamleecox

Premium Member

to adamleecox
Are you a public library. Most public librarys get free service and get what them speeds suggest. If your a commercial account for whatever reason why wouldnt you be calling your commercial rep?
adamleecox
join:2012-05-13

adamleecox

Hey guys, I have our email from my Sales Rep, but she doesn't return my emails. Our contract shows the Premium plan, but our bill has special coding of CCO WPSBN NS, since we are a non profit. When I call support they say that their records show starter plan, and when we have a few hundred users on at at a time it crawls.

gar187er
I DID this for a living
join:2006-06-24
Seattle, WA

gar187er

22/5 isnt gonna help out if you a 250+ users on at a time....
ExoticFish
join:2008-08-31
Zebulon, NC

ExoticFish

Yeah really. If you have "a few hundred" users on then you need a much faster package.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt to adamleecox

Premium Member

to adamleecox
Are you referring to having hundreds in house trying to surf the web from you location? or hunhreds trying to reach your server from outside.
Either one is way overloading for that tier (did you tell your ComCast rep how you expended the service to be used?)
but each has differnt possible solutions.
If your rep isn't promptly responding, call the business line and ask for a new one.

gar187er
I DID this for a living
join:2006-06-24
Seattle, WA

gar187er to ExoticFish

to ExoticFish
METRO-E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noc007
join:2002-06-18
Cumming, GA

noc007

said by gar187er:

METRO-E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As long as it's not from AT&T. Seriously, their Metro-E service is crap and they have flunkies running it. I had U-Verse at the max distance of serviceability and it was more stable. One of the problems with Metro-E is it's not redundant fiber and it was common for some yahoo with a back hoe to break the line. One incident we had, one of their flunkies decided to swap out a WIC card in a fiber switch while it was running in the middle of the day. Another incident is when another flunkie deleted the whole VLAN for Atlanta in the middle of the day as well.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

To truely qualify as industrial/commerial/Metro-E it should be in a redundant ring topology, at least withing cities/busness cores of the burbs up to the last block or two of the buliding served, otherwise it's really just another PON (ce ) scheme meant to service the resdential and outlying markets.

joako
Premium Member
join:2000-09-07
/dev/null

joako to adamleecox

Premium Member

to adamleecox
If you don't have phone or TV it really shouldn't matter if its coded as tax exempt or not.... it's only a few cents different if you add the tax on the modem rental. So just call 800-COMCAST and tell them to upgrade you to the speed you want. Sometimes you'll get a hardass that pulls up the contract and insists you have to get what it says for the price it says, just hang up and call back.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

1 edit

rody_44

Premium Member

Around here comcast services all librarys with mostly free accounts. CSRs cant change the rate codes on them type of accounts. It has to be sent above them for it to be done. Im guessing the op has the same type of deal with only some sort of extras charged for. Than again i cant imagine any library having 250 users at a time on. Even the biggest in philadelphia only has like 20 or so at a time on.