Premium Member
join:2005-04-22
Rockaway Park, NY

kilrathi to nephipower

Premium Member

to nephipower

Re: [TWC] packet loss / service degraded - amp in rockaway park,

nooo.....

What I am saying that ever since upstream channel bonding started upstream snr for the 30.6 megahertz channel which by default is primary of the 2 higher QAM channels has a lot of noise and actual snr drops below 20 or even 18dB every day during the night, this causes a lot of packet loss and some nights total loss of connectivity. However, I found a trick to add few splitters reboot the modem and then the signal must be so weak that the modem only locks on 2 channels for upstream except only 1 of those channels gets ranging ID and its not 30.6 megahertz one. After this happens and without rebooting the modem i remove splitter, the main upstream channel that gets range id and seems to be operating is 23.8 megahertz and this way I have no packet loss.

T3 tech sees clear issues on 30.6 megahertz upstream channel and even told me it could be misconfiguration at the plant side, he continously sends notes to client relations who supposed to forward it to plant tech but nothing is ever done about this. For over a month same problem keeps going on and on, its not on my end(about 10 visits and running new lines verified this lol), when i was hooked up to different pole/tap the snr doesnt drop as much overall on all the upstream channels as before but the 30.6 megahertz upstream channel experiences excessive noise/errors and snr dropping below 18dB especially at night(verified by escalation t3 tech).

Escalation T3 tech told me that a plant tech should attend to this issue, trace the frequency and find where the noise occurs, plus the issue could also be fixable at the plant side... but so far no resolve.

I do see a lot of new scheduled work on rr network schedule page over the summer, I hope some of this will resolve the issue because currently upstream channel bonding only damages my connection.
nephipower
join:2012-02-20
San Antonio, TX

nephipower

WOW, what what a huge PITA.

Seriously by this point I would make sure to get a big credit for your services because they haven't been working right. Then looking into switching ISPs.

That is just way too much pain that you shouldn't haven't be going through and obviously they can't seem to get things fixed in a timely manner. Even through the "escalation" dept.