spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ksharp25

join:2010-09-24
Middletown, PA

[Pricing] How do I drop TEC Asurion insurance from plan?

Any ideas how to get rid of the TEC Asurion ($9.99) protection plan from my account? With all the other surcharges and taxes, I can't afford to keep this around anymore

IowaCowboy
Want to go back to Iowa
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

Just call customer service or stop by any Verizon Wireless corporate store. Once you drop it, you cannot add it again until you purchase another device.

Hint: check your upgrade eligibility, if you're eligible for an upgrade, then drop the insurance as you can take advantage of upgrade pricing if you lose/destroy your phone or have it stolen.

If you have a basic phone, it is not worth having the insurance as those are a dime a dozen to replace at full retail ($300 tops). If you have a smartphone, then it may be worth it to have insurance as those are quite pricey to replace unless you have an upgrade on your account.

I have an iPhone and I dropped the insurance as I am very good with Cell Phones. I have only broken one (back in high school senior year 2002, I damaged a VZW Nokia 5185 during gym class and I only damaged the battery and I popped on a new battery and the phone was good as new) and I had one short out due to perspiration during the summer I worked at the amusement park.

Mom and Grandma are a little tougher on phones and I am considering the Samsung Convoy II (rugged phone) if and when I add them to my Share Everything plan. The convoy is rugged and only $269 to replace.

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
kudos:1
reply to ksharp25

Just a note, I have the insurance and I'm glad I have it