Embrace Your Rights
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:4
reply to captokita

Re: [Anime] Summer 2012 - Currently watching

said by captokita:

Sword Art Online: MMORPG Sword Art Online is released to the public, to a lucky 10000 people. Kirito was a beta tester, and is anxious to get into the game again. In the game he is nabbed by a noob Klien, and teaches him the basics of killing boars. Things are great until Klien wants to logout only to find that is not an option in this game now. Come to find out, this is a pretty lethal game, die in game, your brain is fried in real life. Forcibly remove the VR device on your head? Brain fried. How do you get out? Beat the game!

I was really digging this episode, and think it will be one of the better series this season.

I really liked it as well, I went into the series with apprehension as I've watched some .hack// and found it to be horrible. So far this has avoided the boringness of .hack// and it is playing off as as an action adventure show just using the mmorpg as a plot device. We will see as the series develops if it will continue to use the mmorpg as a plot device and not something to bog the series down.

Kokoro Connect is turning out well, normal body switch stuff. I hope that it doesn't become an ecchi fest, but from the first episode that so far doesn't appear to be a concern.

I haven’t watched any Total Eclipse yet as the obvious ecchi scares me, the reviews aren’t bad so I might give it a shot. I am bummed because so far this season appears to be lame. We shall see.--
STOP THE NSA WIRETAPS

They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security
~Benjamin Franklin

captokita
Premium
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

said by hitachi369:

I haven’t watched any Total Eclipse yet as the obvious ecchi scares me, the reviews aren’t bad so I might give it a shot. I am bummed because so far this season appears to be lame. We shall see.

Yeah, #1 was fanservicey in parts, but the 2nd episode turns up the gore factor, and paints a very dark tone to the series, making you think even more of Blue Gender. This turns out to be a prelude to the real story, which starts next week.