how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Corehhi

join:2002-01-28
Bluffton, SC

Trust them

AT+T won't do anything tricky to you this is just to protect the average customer against those lawless downloading pirates who use more than their fair share of bandwidth. The customers just have to be educated on how this is good for them.

maartena
Elmo
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA
kudos:3
said by Corehhi:

AT+T won't do anything tricky to you this is just to protect the average customer against those lawless downloading pirates who use more than their fair share of bandwidth. The customers just have to be educated on how this is good for them.

I am thinking this is a sarcastic remark, but I will grant you the entertainment of a reply.

If you think piracy is the only way to use large amounts of bandwidth, your are grossly mistaken.

Many families have teenage children, have 4+ computers, an xbox, a netflix account, DirecTV/Dish with their on-demand service that runs over the internet, everything gets backed up to cloud services such as Mozi or iCloud, running the monthly updates on the OS-es on all computers, etc, etc... you name it.

With just me and my wife, we use an average of 100-150 Gb a month, and NONE of that is piracy. Now expand that to a family of 5, instead of just 2.

Additionally, protect customers from what? Their copper lines are dedicated to the CO or VRAD, and every person I have ever spoken to that works at AT&T or knows about their network all claim that from the VRAD fiber, there is more then plenty of bandwidth to go around. And then of course they add to it that this isn't cable where bandwidth IS shared. (Which is only partially true these days, but that is another discussion).

No. This isn't about protecting their fragile network that doesn't have enough bandwidth because of evil pirates, this is all about trying to make some money off of people and especially families who are well connected and use dozens of devices (including laptops, phones, gaming consoles, tablets, etc you name it) to run their daily lives.

--
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

Corehhi

join:2002-01-28
Bluffton, SC
Reviews:
·Hargray Cable
said by maartena:

said by Corehhi:

I am thinking this is a sarcastic remark, but I will grant you the entertainment of a reply.

If you think piracy is the only way to use large amounts of bandwidth, your are grossly mistaken.

Duh?????

I have no idea how much bandwidth I use but I have childern and I have almost cut the cable off, just lifeline basic (13 channels). At any given time I could have two people streaming NetFlix and another on the computer, maybe another playing Mario Kart over the internet. I would think I use a fair amount of bandwidth compared to most households.
Expand your moderator at work