share rss forum feed

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to Dunlop

Re: Probably the worst ACANAC story yet (complete incompetence)

said by Dunlop:

Years ago my kid purchased a bunch of games on the xbox which I never dowloaded, after going though 20 layers of bureaucracy Microsoft told me just to contest the charges with Visa to have them removed as they were unable to do it on their side..which I did and was shocked at how easy it was.

That's a little different, though. MS probably didn't contest the charge-back because you had dealt with them first. If the OP were to go to the CC and Acanac contested it wouldn't be so clear-cut. I've seen cases where the CC company removed the charge at first, but re-instated it later based on it being contested.

You're right though in that if they CC company did a charge back and stuck by it, Acanac could still attempt to pursue it via a collections agency if they so chose.

Lynn
Premium
join:2011-08-11
Trenton, ON
kudos:7
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable

1 edit
reply to mikeeey

You said:

And here is the other lie. You said that the old ticket goes to the bottom of the pile (there's no justification as to why because it was obviously my initial concern that I emailed and tickets should be handled cronologically, but lets just say).
-- tickets are answered in order they come in.

Why is it that in the email reply on the first ticket the ticket was marked as closed? If anyone reading both your replies above, they would see right away that you simply lied. I do this for a living, others might be able to fall for your excuses but I can't do that anymore, I am wasting way too much time on this.

-- they are marked as closed when we answer them and to open it you just have to reply. Sorry, but that is how billing system works .

You might do this for a living but you do NOT work for Acanac and do not know how owners run things. You are pretty free with that work lied. I do not come on here and lie to anyone. If there is a problem I try to help but do not appreciate being called a lier. There is no need for name calling and if I can solve this for you an apology would be nice for the name calling. I do not work in billing, and do not have access to their files. All I can do is ask them for help by giving your information to help you.

mikeeey

join:2012-07-09
reply to Lynn

Number 1- You chose to represent Acanac on this forum. I am voicing my issues with Acanac for others to be aware of them. If you are not in billing, don't answer my concerns prematurelly until you are aware of everything you need to know for a proper answer.

Number 2- You mislead if you tell me that my ticket is going to the bottom of the pile when in fact it is closed (as per email confirmation I received)

Number 3- In a year and a half, this is the first time that I am getting prompt response from Acanac. So my suggestion to anyone reading this is that if you want to hash out any issues, do it here and not directly. In a year and a half I gave Acanac many opportunities to address issues outside of this forum.

As to your cancelation policy it is a mere suggestion.

I am hoping that you guys can reply with a bit more compassion in the future. If you open up my history of tickets you will see just how much frustration you have caused me due to your complete incompetence. Let me know if you can't locate the tickets and I will be more than happy to post them here one by one.

mikeeey

reply to Lynn

I am very aware of ticketing systems as I am sure others do too. When a ticket is closed, it is closed.

You say that I am not aware of how Acanac operates but I think we can both agree that they do not operate very well. When a ticket has two concerns and only one of them is address, and when similar issues happen to others time and time again... it becomes a concern with the way Acanac operates.

Again, read all my history and then maybe you will decide to reply more appropriately.

Lynn
Premium
Trenton, ON
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable

2 edits
reply to mikeeey

Number 1- You chose to represent Acanac on this forum. I am voicing my issues with Acanac for others to be aware of them. If you are not in billing, don't answer my concerns prematurelly until you are aware of everything you need to know for a proper answer.

--AND I am trying to help you if you give me the chance by getting your refund on your credit card and account cancelled.

Number 2- You mislead if you tell me that my ticket is going to the bottom of the pile when in fact it is closed (as per email confirmation I received)

-- I explained already how it works as ticket is closed to send and will reopen when a response is made.

Number 3- In a year and a half, this is the first time that I am getting prompt response from Acanac. So my suggestion to anyone reading this is that if you want to hash out any issues, do it here and not directly. In a year and a half I gave Acanac many opportunities to address issues outside of this forum.

-- pm ing with the problem helps too as many know on this forum. Not calling people names helps too especially when the person you are calling a lier only works in forums and does not work in billing. Neverless I am still trying to help you.

Lynn
Premium
Trenton, ON
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable

4 edits
reply to mikeeey

Your address has been updated to the proper apartment number.

UPDATE: I have talked to Sonya who by the way is the head of billing . Your account has been canceled, your refund sent back to you and you have been sent an email with the details.
You said:

"That brings us to this morning. I checked my email and noticed two emails from Acanac, one charging me over $500 a year for DSL service and the second charging me about $108 a year for the dryloop. " .

As of today(same day you got the invoice) you have been refunded 514.60 for the dsl service + 108.48 for the dry loop.

koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·voip.ms
reply to mikeeey

Lynn,

I'm not going to tell you guys how to run your business, but I do have to comment as an outsider looking in.

As a rep of the company, you should take ownership of an issue off the bat, regardless. This is a huge beef of mine. Stop the excuses, and admit when you may have messed up and work to fix the issue. I find ACANAC staff especially very defensive even when it is your companies fault. I've had personal experience with this which is why I no longer have services from your company.

Admit when you make a mistake, never accuse or make excuses, without first having all the facts, and making for sure your not at fault in the least.

This is basic customer service skills.... which a lot of companies seem to have forgotten over the years.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2

Now I'll weigh in on this.

I don't see how Lynn hasn't taken ownership, she's not like the Rogers Marketing Trolls who show up promise to fix a problem, but never do.

Maybe Acanac did screw up, but the OP comes on here ranting and raving, call get the only person who has taken the time to resolve the complaint, and then calls her a liar.

Considering that Acanac is paying someone to monitor the forums (which very few ISP's do) says plenty about the company.

Good luck getting a response, let alone a resolution in such a short period of time with the big boys.

And OP if you come on here to complain its mandatory the thread starts with Acanac ducks . (Acanac should trademark that phrase)
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

HenryA

join:2011-05-28
reply to mikeeey

I'd go with Distributel then. Uses the same Rogers backbone as Acanac (if you're cable), but you will get better service. Sorry to read about your problems.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2

said by HenryA:

I'd go with Distributel then. Uses the same Rogers backbone as Acanac (if you're cable), but you will get better service. Sorry to read about your problems.

You realize that Acanac is owned by Distributel right?
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

Lynn
Premium
Trenton, ON
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
reply to koreyb

said by koreyb:

Lynn,

As a rep of the company, you should take ownership of an issue off the bat, regardless.

Which I have done by making sure he got his account canceled same day he got the invoice for payment taken and his money back to him. Today was the first time I heard of this issue.

ChuckcZar

@teksavvy.com
reply to mikeeey

Sounds to me like a case of "forgetfulness". Maybe you can get a free month instead of canceling. Or you can take a shot with their cable internet.

Lynn
Premium
Trenton, ON
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable

said by ChuckcZar :

Sounds to me like a case of "forgetfulness". Maybe you can get a free month instead of canceling. Or you can take a shot with their cable internet.

His account has been canceled as he requested and his cc has been refunded. Oh and mikeeeey, if you check back, Your welcome.

damir52
SFRJ
Premium
join:2003-05-24

Timbits any1?

--
www.urimage.net - Free Image Hosting

mikeeey

reply to Lynn

Just to continue with the Acanac nightmare, after posting on this forum, Acanac did finally react right away and let me cancelled my membership. The fact that my year expired on July 8th but I did not actually have connection until sometime in August of last year and the fact that I spent countless hours and writing dozens of emails and talking for hours on the phone you would think that they wouldn't stop my service immediately and give me the week buffer to get myself a new provider.

Well, it's expected of Acanac to behave in such ways forcing me to yet again go back to this forum and bad mouth their service.

Here is my next nightmare with them. So I signed up with TekSavvy and everything worked smoothly until they contacted me and told me that they cannot continue with activating my account because my cable modem is registered with another provider and needs to be released. If you read my prior posts, I had internet cable with Acanac more than a year ago that I tried for almost 3 months to switch to DSL as I moved places. They haven't released my cable modem so now I am stuck with no internet until I get a hold of Acanac again to resolve yet another issue.

Warning about calling Acanac. Not only can you not contact any department on the phone except for sales, I was on hold in the queue with sales for over 40 minutes. It started off as being 13th in line and then it started counting backwards. When it finally got to #2 in line and was told that it will be 2 minutes, I got a message saying that "we are currently experiencing higher than normal call volume and will have to shut down" at which time the call hung up.

I am continuing to update this forum to let everyone know what a nightmare Acanac is. As of now I am stuck with no connection until I can get a hold of Acanac for them to release my cable modem.

XT0RT
S3x, Drugs, War

join:2001-07-28
Edmonton, AB
reply to mikeeey

Like as I said before; Company employees that work for a company that is well known for bad publicity will always come back to defend it.

I've been guilty of it myself, until I had quit for greener pastures.
--
Core i7 2720QM : GTX 460M (485M R.I.P) : 16GB DDR3-1333 : 320GB x 2 in RAID 0 : Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1
Anonymous posts are filtered.

FiReSTaRT
Premium
join:2010-02-26
Canada

Don't they have e-mail support?

HenryA

join:2011-05-28
reply to Lynn

Interesting business model. The customer had to complain on an open forum, and then someone who supposedly works at the company makes a glib comment and he should be thankful.

Just. Wow.

FiReSTaRT
Premium
join:2010-02-26
Canada
Reviews:
·Velcom

said by HenryA:

Interesting business model. The customer had to complain on an open forum, and then someone who supposedly works at the company makes a glib comment and he should be thankful.

Just. Wow.

Nobody wants to pay the rates involved in having 24hr support with 2min wait times. Properly training a DSL tech takes time and money, so it's not like they can snap their fingers and fill up a call center with a bunch of people who can actually cut the cheese. Plus, it has to be someone who'll work for minimum wage as there is too much pressure from India driving the labour rates down. People got smarter, so very few wanna get into the field in the first place. IT support is a dead industry in North America.

Customers can always go to Bell and talk to Jayeshkumar, reading his script, from a call centre in Mumbai, but chances are he won't be able to help the customer anyway. Most of the indies went with mostly properly trained staff based out of North America and are better able to provide proper support.

This goes for any independent ISP: E-mail support with a brief description of your problem. That way, the tech can do a bit of basic troubleshooting before even calling you and that reduces the waste of time for both you and him, which translates into them being able to handle more volume.
--
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.
—George Bernard Shaw