how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

djrobsd

join:2002-01-24
San Diego, CA

Overages huh?

If you have the max plan (12mbps) you get 250 gigs a month. I don't know how people could be going over those caps unless they are just hoarding a bunch of movies and content that they will never have time to watch because they are too busy greedily snatching up more content to fill up their 10 terabyte mega RAID server. LOL

They haven't implemented this in San Diego yet I can't even see how much I've used and it even tells me that it's not yet implemented.

jcouch93

join:2002-01-29
Marietta, GA
I can eat 250GB in a matter of weeks SOLELY on backups to the cloud (user files and system images). So for you to claim that 250GB is plenty for you is kind of arrogant as not everyone has YOUR usage patterns.

moes

join:2009-11-15
Cedar City, UT
reply to djrobsd
I can eat up 250gb easily, backups, downloading vm backup images from works, updates, ect. It's very simple.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1
reply to djrobsd
one can rack up lots of data streaming netflix.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:12
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
reply to djrobsd
said by djrobsd:

If you have the max plan (12mbps) you get 250 gigs a month. I don't know how people could be going over those caps unless they are just hoarding a bunch of movies and content that they will never have time to watch because they are too busy greedily snatching up more content to fill up their 10 terabyte mega RAID server. LOL

In a household with four teenagers, and a wife, and everybody doing just legal stuff, assuming just 2/3s of my single user 95G (last time I checked the AT&T meter before throwing them under the bus), I could easily hit 380G per month.

There is nothing funny about it; but I did get the last laugh: I fired AT&T and went with a provider offering uncapped service.

Despite that I will be hammered with a new modem rental fee when I set up my new premises, Sonic.net, LLC is still the best deal around.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum