Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mr Matt

join:2008-01-29
Eustis, FL
kudos:1

Customers treated like mushrooms!

I have a concern because in the future I will be moving to an area where the only ISP's are AT&T U-Verse or Brighthouse for broadband service. Unfortunately AT&T does not indicate in any in their TOS documentation what the customer is charged for. Is it the TCP/IP payload or every byte that passes through the ISP's network to the customer. Remember PPPoE has more overhead than DHCP authentication. Will subscribers to an ISP that uses PPPoE, be given a usage credit to give them parity with ISP's that use DHCP for their subscribers.

Furthermore ISP's do not have periods during low usage like from 11:00PM to 6:00AM where they do not charge usage against the customers cap. Most Wireless Voice Carriers have unlimited usage between 9:00PM and 6:00AM and weekends for voice subscribers. If customers were allowed unlimited downloads between 11:00PM and 6:00AM they would not have an issue downloading security and othert updates without impacting their allowance. All ISP's should adopt the same policy.

Furthermore subscribers accessing websites that link to advertisers that continuously insert and update advertisements in the webpage, the subscriber is viewing, are being forced to receive data they have no control over or know the quantity of against their cap. If billing for usage is allowed for these parasitic advertisements they should be banned or a mechanism must be created to allow the advertisers to pay per byte for usage rather than charging usage against the subscribers monthly allocation. Imagine if you received a phone call from an advertiser and then you are charged for the call. I did, I did. It was a $0.25 charge for an unsolicited text message, BULL FECES!