Condolences to his friends and family.

Ian
Premium
join:2002-06-18
ON
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to ZZZZZZZ
You guys ARE being awfully thin-skinned. 29 year old celebrity dies suddenly? Yeah. I'm sorry, but I'm thinking drugs as well. Could it turn out not to be? Sure. Of course. Let's all wait and see.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
said by Ian:

You guys ARE being awfully thin-skinned. 29 year old celebrity dies suddenly? Yeah. I'm sorry, but I'm thinking drugs as well. Could it turn out not to be? Sure. Of course. Let's all wait and see.

What part of the phrase "undiagnosed medical condition" does not compute?

It's not called being thin-skinned. It's called being rational.

Devanchya
Smile
Premium
join:2003-12-09
Ajax, ON
reply to ZZZZZZZ
I'll be honest... it reads as possibly something else. It could be an illness... mental or bodily.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
Overdose deaths aren't listed as "undiagnosed medical conditions" - they're listed as undetermined.

If I were to draw a far more rational assumption based on that phrase, I would read that to mean some sort of heart defect/arrhythmia or a brain aneurysm that no one had prior knowledge of.

Ian
Premium
ON

1 recommendation

reply to Gone
said by Gone:

said by Ian:

What part of the phrase "undiagnosed medical condition" does not compute?

It's not called being thin-skinned. It's called being rational.

Umm....The part about too much cocaine or heroin in the bloodstream is an "andiagnosed medical condition"?

Who is the rational one here?

Are we placing bets on the undiagnosed reason? I'm betting drugs. You, Gone?
--
“Any claim that the root of a problem is simple should be treated the same as a claim that the root of a problem is Bigfoot. Simplicity and Bigfoot are found in the real world with about the same frequency.” – David Wong

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
said by Ian:

Umm....The part about too much cocaine or heroin in the bloodstream is an "andiagnosed medical condition"?

Cocaine or heroin in the bloodstream isn't an "undiagnosed medical condition." If it caused death, it is a d-r-u-g o-v-e-r-d-o-s-e, though those deaths are typically listed as unknown or undetermined until toxicology results confirm that they were the actual cause of death and not something else.

said by Ian:

Well, considering your the one jumping to concluding and assuming its drugs and somehow drawing an irrational parallel between drug overdose and "undiagnosed medical condition" without any further information to substantiate that viewpoint it is most certainly not you who is being the rational one.

said by Ian:

I'm betting on... wait for it... an undiagnosed medical condition! Brain aneurysm, heart arrhythmia, PE, etc etc. There are any number of medical conditions that can cause an otherwise healthy 29 year old to drop dead with little or no prior warning.

Hell, he could have killed himself, with that undiagnosed medical condition being a mental illness, too.

But ultimately, until someone says something otherwise, you're the one jumping to irrational conclusions based on your own predetermination, prejudices and whatever ideological slant of the day you allow to cloud your judgement on issues such as this, not me.

How you or anyone else sees "drug overdose" from "undiagnosed medical condition" is beyond me. I mean, when Whitney Houston died, that wasn't an "undiagnosed medical condition" now was it, guys? How about Heath Ledger?

PX Eliezer7
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to FFH
said by FFH:

Vancouver? My bet is the undiagnosed condition was a drug overdose.

There's no need to make this into a sporting event.

I'm sure that we'll learn in good time.

Ian
Premium
ON
reply to Gone
said by Gone:

said by Ian:

Cocaine or heroin in the bloodstream isn't an "undiagnosed medical condition." If it caused death, it is a d-r-u-g o-v-e-r-d-o-s-e, though those deaths are typically listed as unknown or undetermined until toxicology results confirm that they were the actual cause of death and not something else.

said by Ian:

Well, considering your the one jumping to concluding and assuming its drugs and somehow drawing an irrational parallel between drug overdose and "undiagnosed medical condition" without any further information to substantiate that viewpoint it is most certainly not you who is being the rational one.

said by Ian:

I'm betting on... wait for it... an undiagnosed medical condition! Brain aneurysm, heart arrhythmia, PE, etc etc. There are any number of medical conditions that can cause an otherwise healthy 29 year old to drop dead with little or no prior warning.

Hell, he could have killed himself, with that undiagnosed medical condition being a mental illness, too.

But ultimately, until someone says something otherwise, you're the one jumping to irrational conclusions based on your own predetermination, prejudices and whatever ideological slant of the day you allow to cloud your judgement on issues such as this, not me.

How you or anyone else sees "drug overdose" from "undiagnosed medical condition" is beyond me. I mean, when Whitney Houston died, that wasn't an "undiagnosed medical condition" now was it, guys? How about Heath Ledger?

So basically, you're betting that we're hearing about this AFTER a toxicology report was done. I was thinking.....not. We'll see.
--
“Any claim that the root of a problem is simple should be treated the same as a claim that the root of a problem is Bigfoot. Simplicity and Bigfoot are found in the real world with about the same frequency.” – David Wong

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
said by Ian:

So basically, you're betting that we're hearing about this AFTER a toxicology report was done. I was thinking.....not. We'll see.

No, I'm betting that if there was any question over his death where tox results were pending, it wouldn't have been listed as an "undiagnosed medical condition."

Of course, the tune may change, but until any of us hear otherwise I choose to remain rational on the subject and not to jump to unsubstantiated and foolish conclusions.

Ian
Premium
ON
said by Gone:

said by Ian:

No, I'm betting that if there was any question over his death where tox results were pending, it wouldn't have been listed as an "undiagnosed medical condition."

Of course, the tune may change, but until any of us hear otherwise I choose to remain rational on the subject and not to jump to unsubstantiated and foolish conclusions.

Shrug...

What Anthony Sedlak died of is pretty unimportant to me. I have nothing invested in the outcome. So thus far, the entire thread has been people "guessing".
--

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
Well Ian, it was obviously important enough for you to come up with some assumptions of your own and throw in your two cents about it being drugs, despite zero information that would lead any rational and reasonable person to draw such a conclusion from the phrase "undiagnosed medical condition." Nice try.

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
reply to Ian
i wonder if it was another case of a bad mix of prescription drugs...kind of like how Boogard died...painkillers (for a condition), then a few beers...boom, dead.

technically, it could be drugs, but perhaps not the "evil"ones we often think of initially (cocaine, heroine, etc)...speaking of heroine, since the changes to Oxy, it is making a BIG comeback...already plenty of incidents in London recently from it (deaths, busts, etc).
--
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

- George Orwell

Ian
Premium
ON
reply to Gone
said by Gone:

Well Ian, it was obviously important enough for you to come up with some assumptions of your own and throw in your two cents about it being drugs, despite zero information that would lead any rational and reasonable person to draw such a conclusion from the phrase "undiagnosed medical condition." Nice try.

Ehhh?

I don't actually care. I never met Anthony Sedlak, or tasted his food. Did he die of a brain aneurysm, or what-not? Maybe. 29 year old celebrity dies and I think drugs. Shame on me. We'll see.
--

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
said by Ian:

29 year old celebrity dies and I think drugs. Shame on me. We'll see.

I would have done the same and considered it perfectly reasonable to make that same assumption, if not for the whole "undiagnosed medical condition" phrase that you and another poster have decided to ignore and/or assume is a lie. Considering that there are many things other than drugs which can suddenly kill an otherwise healthy 29-year old, I'm not going to make that same assumption that it is a lie like others have.

And really, if you see fit to profess how much you don't care about this situation, why even throw in your two cents and continue to argue about it? Perhaps you enjoy arguing even more than I do?

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON
reply to ZZZZZZZ
I had never heard of him before he died. Still, 29 is too young.

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON
reply to ZZZZZZZ
some reports are saying his motto was "live fast, die young".

NCRGuy

join:2008-03-03
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
said by dirtyjeffer:

Wikipedia is saying that, making reference to an "earlier interview" yet for some reason I can find nothing to support that.

Ian
Premium
ON
reply to Gone
said by Gone:

said by Ian:

I would have done the same and considered it perfectly reasonable to make that same assumption, if not for the whole "undiagnosed medical condition" phrase that you and another poster have decided to ignore and/or assume is a lie.

I don't think anyone has ignored it. A shit-load of cocaine or heroin in the bloodstream is "an undiagnosed medical condition".

What I took from the initial story was that they didn't know how he died. There WAS no toxicology done, etc. It may well have been innocent.
--

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
said by Ian:

A shit-load of cocaine or heroin in the bloodstream is "an undiagnosed medical condition".

No it isn't. It's a drug overdose.

Ian
Premium
ON
said by Gone:

said by Ian:

A shit-load of cocaine or heroin in the bloodstream is "an undiagnosed medical condition".

No it isn't. It's a drug overdose.

Are you aware of a full toxicology report? I'm not.
--

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
said by Ian:

Nope, but I'm equally aware that the phrase "undetermined causes" would apply pending the outcome of such a report if there was any reason to suspect that an overdose might be the cause, rather than undiagnosed medical condition.

Ian
Premium
ON
said by Gone:

said by Ian:

Nope, but I'm equally aware that the phrase "undetermined causes" would apply pending the outcome of such a report if there was any reason to suspect that an overdose might be the cause, rather than undiagnosed medical condition.

So we are all guessing? I stand by my original guess.
--

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
said by Ian:

So we are all guessing? I stand by my original guess.

I thought you didn't care, Ian?

Ian
Premium
ON
I don't. Do you?

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
said by Ian:

I don't. Do you?

From all your posts, you seem to care about it even more than I do. Lying? Or just enjoying the argument?

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON
reply to NCRGuy
said by NCRGuy:

said by dirtyjeffer:

Wikipedia is saying that, making reference to an "earlier interview" yet for some reason I can find nothing to support that.

it was mentioned in Wiki, but there are articles that mention it.

for example:

»www.tvweek.com/blogs/tvbizwire/2···---a.php

but i couldn't find the "original" interview in question either, so who knows.
--
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

- George Orwell

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON

1 recommendation

reply to Ian
said by Ian:

said by Gone:

said by Ian:

I would have done the same and considered it perfectly reasonable to make that same assumption, if not for the whole "undiagnosed medical condition" phrase that you and another poster have decided to ignore and/or assume is a lie.

I don't think anyone has ignored it. A shit-load of cocaine or heroin in the bloodstream is "an undiagnosed medical condition".

What I took from the initial story was that they didn't know how he died. There WAS no toxicology done, etc. It may well have been innocent.

i'm not saying it could have been heroine or cocaine, but if he did OD and had a cardiac arrest, is that not a medical condition??...i have to somewhat agree with Ian here...whether it was a reaction of prescription drugs, hard street drugs, or just simply some sort of cardiomyopathy that wasn't known about...when medics arrive, all they know is he may have suffered from cardiac arrest, without knowing specifically why he suffered it...further testing (autopsy, toxicology, etc) can determine how and why exactly, but that will likely take a few weeks, and then it will be up to the family to release the details...as well, if it does turn up bad (hard drugs), it is possible we never hear about it, to not tarnish his memory.
--

- George Orwell

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
said by dirtyjeffer:

i'm not saying it could have been heroine or cocaine, but if he did OD and had a cardiac arrest, is that not a medical condition??

No. It would be a drug overdose. The only time it could be an 'undiagnosed medical condition' is if he had some sort of unknown arrhythmia which was triggered by drugs that would have otherwise not been fatal to a healthy person. Even in the remote chance that it was that specific circumstance that killed him, you -still- couldn't claim the drugs killed him. Trying to draw that parallel would be like trying to claim that soccer killed Piermario Morosini, which is so ludicrous that no one would take you seriously. A defective heart was what killed him, not soccer.

Trying to draw a parallel between "undiagnosed medical condition" and drugs without any evidence to base those claims upon is such a stretch that it enters into the realm of being irrational. I'm not saying it's impossible, but based on what has been said so far it is an extremely foolish argument to make, which is all the more amusing since that stretch is being made by someone who claims to not care.

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver
There's no autopsy to be performed. so I presume its not under "suspicious" circumstances. Its not a released medical condition. But I really doubt its drug related. In that case an autopsy would be performed and/or it would, at the very least, be investigated.
He was, according to reports, on some crazy diet and exercised (bike riding) a lot. Lost a lot of weight very rapidly.
Certain diets and overexercising can, in some cases, lead to heart problems.
I wish, although its really nobody's business, the family would release some kind of COD. This would dampen any wild speculation.
--
A woman has the last word in any argument. Anything he says after that is the beginning of a new argument.