FFH5 to ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

to ZZZZZZZ

Re: [Serious] Celebrity chef, author Anthony Sedlak dies at 29

said by ZZZZZZZ:

»www.cbc.ca/news/arts/sto ··· ?cmp=rss

Wow that's way too young.

R.I.P.

Vancouver? My bet is the undiagnosed condition was a drug overdose. But still a loss no matter why he died.
NCRGuy
join:2008-03-03
Ottawa, ON

1 edit

NCRGuy

said by FFH5:

said by ZZZZZZZ:

R.I.P.

Vancouver? My bet is the undiagnosed condition was a drug overdose. But still a loss no matter why he died.

And your guess is based on what? [deleted]
Expand your moderator at work

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
TP-Link Archer C7
Technicolor DCM476
Grandstream HT701

Mike2009 to FFH5

to FFH5

said by FFH5:

said by ZZZZZZZ:

R.I.P.

Because it's Vancouver it's a drug overdose? People don't overdose in your country?

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by Mike2009:

said by FFH5:

said by ZZZZZZZ:

R.I.P.

Because it's Vancouver it's a drug overdose? People don't overdose in your country?

Of course they do. But the location, his picture showing the thin emaciated look says cocaine. I've had a few friends that went down that road and the look is unmistakable. Sure, no proof, but an educated guess.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

1 recommendation

Gone to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
said by FFH5:

Thank you Dr. Republican, next time I hear about someone dying from an undiagnosed medical condition in the United States I'll be sure to point out that it was probably from a gunshot wound.

Thank god you weren't around to say anything when they were trying to figure out why I was emaciated, constantly vomiting and sick when I was a teenager, as you would have just assumed I was on drugs. Then I would have died and you would have assumed it was an overdose. But no matter, it's not like you would ever want anyone to have the health care coverage necessary to actually find out what was really wrong with someone like me. It's so much easier to make knee-jerk reactions and assumptions based on unsubstantiated bullshit, eh?
NCRGuy
Ottawa, ON

NCRGuy to FFH5

to FFH5
said by FFH5:

Of course they do. But the location, his picture showing the thin emaciated look says cocaine. I've had a few friends that went down that road and the look is unmistakable. Sure, no proof, but an educated guess.

"Thin, emaciated look"? That's how someone looks when they take up cycling and drop 50 pounds, and that's what Sedlak did. Seriously, yes booze and drugs can be prolific in the restaurant industry, but to throw that out without any supporting evidence is a dick move.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

1 recommendation

Gone

Premium Member

said by NCRGuy:

"Thin, emaciated look"? That's how someone looks when they take up cycling and drop 50 pounds.

That can be caused by god knows how many illnesses - inflammatory bowel diseases, liver diseases, cancer, who knows what else. Words cannot describe the amount of stupidity one must have to automatically assume that an "undiagnosed medical condition" must mean drug overdose. You know, Vancouver and all that, right?
NCRGuy
Ottawa, ON

NCRGuy

said by Gone:

said by NCRGuy:

"Thin, emaciated look"? That's how someone looks when they take up cycling and drop 50 pounds.

That can be caused by god knows how many illnesses - inflammatory bowel diseases, liver diseases, cancer, who knows what else. Words cannot describe the amount of stupidity one must have to automatically assume that an "undiagnosed medical condition" must mean drug overdose. You know, Vancouver and all that, right?

You're absolutely right. I edited my post while you were writing to point out that my scenario was not hypothetical, he really did take up cycling and dropped 50 pounds.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by NCRGuy:

You're absolutely right. I edited my post while you were writing to point out that my scenario was not hypothetical, he really did take up cycling and dropped 50 pounds.

And if he only just started getting into physical activity as intense as that, it could have been something as sinister as Long Q-T syndrome or any other sort of heart arrhythmia that caused his heart to suddenly stop beating. Unless he had an echocardiogram, which wouldn't typically be ordered unless there were other symptoms to warrant one, there would have been no way of knowing he suffered from something like that.

But you know, an undiagnosed medical condition in Vancouver is code-word for drug overdose, right NCRGuy?

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone
said by Gone:

said by NCRGuy:

If you and others can get over the name calling, I never said it MUST mean a drug overdose. I said I'd bet it could be that. He is a celebrity; died under mysterious circumstances; and since this is a forum and not a court of law; speculation is not out of bounds. You Canadians get too touchy too quickly over any implied criticism of the motherland.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

2 edits

Gone

Premium Member

said by FFH5:

If you and others can get over the name calling, I never said it MUST mean a drug overdose.

Pointing out a completely unwarranted [deleted] assumption [deleted] made by you because, you know, he lived in Vancouver is not calling you names. It's pointing out the obvious. [deleted]
NCRGuy
Ottawa, ON

NCRGuy to FFH5

to FFH5
said by FFH5:

said by Gone:

said by NCRGuy:

If you and others can get over the name calling, I never said it MUST mean a drug overdose. I said I'd bet it could be that. He is a celebrity; died under mysterious circumstances; and since this is a forum and not a court of law; speculation is not out of bounds. You Canadians get too touchy too quickly over any implied criticism of the motherland.

Oh. Well. Then since this a forum, I am sure you would be okay with my speculation that your out-of-left field theory was a result of diminished cognitive capacity caused by either a head injury or birth defect. Or should we perhaps require at least minimal evidence before throwing out theories about a dead man? Not that I'm saying my theory doesn't have evidence to support it....

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by NCRGuy:

Oh. Well. Then since this a forum, I am sure you would be okay with my speculation that your out-of-left field theory was a result of diminished cognitive capacity caused by either a head injury or birth defect.

Perhaps that same unsubstantiated injury is to blame for his support of the modern Republican party, too? Hell, maybe it was a gunshot wound to the head? You know, those Americans and their guns, if it's an injury it must be from a gun, you know.

Just sayin, you know. I didn't say it MUST mean that, but if we're speculating, what's fair is fair I guess.
Expand your moderator at work
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5

said by FFH5:

Vancouver? My bet is the undiagnosed condition was a drug overdose.

There's no need to make this into a sporting event.

I'm sure that we'll learn in good time.