uniqs
Shady Bimmer
Premium Member
join:2001-12-03

Shady Bimmer to aaronwt

Premium Member

to aaronwt

Re: Utter Frustration

I had ordered a new CC for my HD HomeRun Prime late last year and successfully activated via the online process at that time. My CC did report that it successfully authenticated and activated on each power up of the HDHRP so I didn't expect any issue now. Unfortunately after receiving the letter from VZ, I figured why don't I check channel 131 as instructed. . .and to my dismay I got a message that I was not subscribed to that channel. Upon checking my CC status again I find that it is no longer activated (paired). When attempting to follow the VZ instructions, the automated system indicates my card is already activated and I need to be redirected to an actual person for further action. After over an hour and a half of trying different steps VZ was still unable to activate my CC. I was told that according to a 3rd-level engineer this is expected and sometime before the 31st a signal will be sent to properly activate my CC and I need to wait until after that date to confirm this.

Even if you previously had a successful activation previously it is probably prudent to verify your CC is still properly paired before the end of the month. Some simple searching shows I am not alone in this problem unfortunately

I am not holding my breath, but we do still have a few weeks. I plan to next post in the VZ Direct forum here with the ticket number from my call to see if that helps.
elefante72
join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

elefante72

Go onto chat and have them reactivate the card. Mine was flaky bigtime after that headend glitch a few months ago. Once they do that you should see this in the log:

20120615-08:14:58 CableCARD: M-CARD reset
20120615-08:15:03 CableCARD: Motorola card (0000:0265)
20120615-08:15:03 CableCARD: authentication status: authentication in progress
20120615-08:15:03 CableCARD: authentication status: authentication success, activation success

I wouldn't waste much time on this, because if you see channels out after the 31st just call them up and ask for credits..

I hear rumors it's only premium at this point, so if they go out then you really can squeal.
ursa9999
join:2005-03-31
Norwood, MA

ursa9999 to Shady Bimmer

to Shady Bimmer
Finally got my 4 TIVO cable cards authorized and paired and can now see CH 131. After 3 phone calls and a VZ decision to send me 4 new cards (1 of which was bad so they sent me another), I activated them using VZ in Home Agent. They were activated and I could view regular TV but no CH 131. As a last resort I used the chat function and actually got someone who I worked with for 4 hours and got all CC's working properly. In total I spent over 7 hours on the phone and Chat. It shouldn't be this hard. BTW, I found that when the agents tell you to check CH 131 they often don't wait long enough as it took mine a good 5 minutes after they said to check before they worked.

Hopefully this is the last of the CC saga.

Ursa...
ursa9999

ursa9999

Update: After getting my replacement cable cards authorized, what I feared came true. My bill reflected them at $3.99/mo. I had been under a 24 mo. contract that had them at $2.99/mo. So yet another call to VZ, and I am told I will get a 'valued customer discount' back to $2.99/mo for the remainder of my contract. So, all told it only took 5 phone calls and many hours to get this all straightened out.

Onedollar
join:2001-08-27
Pomona, CA

Onedollar

I dont ever remember cable cards being 2.99, even 2 years ago. Always been 3.99. Am i wrong?

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

Many years ago they were $2.99 each....

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt to Onedollar

Premium Member

to Onedollar
said by Onedollar:

I dont ever remember cable cards being 2.99, even 2 years ago. Always been 3.99. Am i wrong?

I used to have eight cable cards when I had my Series 3 TiVos. I paid $23.92 a month for all of them.
TheOtherPete
join:2001-06-28
Boyds, MD

TheOtherPete to Onedollar

to Onedollar
I'm still being charged $2.99 per cable card