aurgathor

join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

First half of year: hottest on record

quote:
In what should come as no surprise to many people living in the United States in the last month or so, the first half of 2012 was officially the hottest ever recorded.

According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the period from January through June was "the warmest first half of any year on record for the contiguous United States."

The average temperature was 52.9 degrees Fahrenheit, or 4.5 degrees above average, the NOAA said on Monday. Twenty-eight states east of the Rockies set temperature records for the six-month period. The 12 months ending June 30 was the warmest 12-month period of any on record, according to the NOAA.

»news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/fir···847.html
--
Wacky Races 2012!

burner50
Proud Union THUG
Premium
join:2002-06-05
Fort Worth, TX
Oh noes!!!

It the global warming!!! Lets all pretend we're going to be better for the environment.

aurgathor

Lynnwood, WA
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

burner50
Proud Union THUG
Premium
join:2002-06-05
Fort Worth, TX
According to government scientists who have a vested interest in proving global warming.

aurgathor

Lynnwood, WA

1 recommendation

Why would they have a vested interest?

ropeguru
Premium
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA
said by aurgathor:

Why would they have a vested interest?

Hot political and money making topic. By upholding the current money making and political scare tactics, they keep the federal money flowing and keep their jobs. A scientist right now bucking the current scare tactics promoting the end of the world is not as likely to get those federal funds.

tschmidt
Premium,MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
kudos:9
Reviews:
·Hollis Hosting
·G4 Communications

1 recommendation

said by ropeguru:

By upholding the current money making and political scare tactics, they keep the federal money flowing and keep their jobs.

Interesting. So on the one hand we could have scientists faking the result to keep their jobs.

OR

The debunking of Climate Change could be the results of companies that stand to make billions stonewalling acceptance by carrying on a policy of disinformation. Much like the Tobacco industry did in order to play a rearguard action to forestall the inevitable day of revoking. Until that happens it is business as usual.

For those of you who think this is a cooked up scam, how many scientists do you think are involved? Wouldn't you think some upstart newly minted PhD, wanting to make a reputation for them self, would have been able to publicly debunk this and guarantee a Nobel Prize for his efforts?

/tom

SmokChsr
Who let the magic smoke out?
Premium
join:2006-03-17
Saint Augustine, FL
reply to aurgathor
I doubt the government scientist know which way they are supposed to skew their results. Keep in mind half of those in government are calling it a myth, and the other half are calling it Armageddon.

I have no doubt that man influences the climate, it's just a question of how much and which way.

ropeguru
Premium
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA
said by SmokChsr:

I have no doubt that man influences the climate, it's just a question of how much and which way.

Have to agree completely. Climate is always changing and will never stop. I find it really funny when all these folks preach how we have to STOP climate change.

Anyway, I was thinking the other day after watching some documentary how we always seem to hear how man is causing climate change because of all the factories and such. Long gone is the reporting on how there COULD be climate change because of all the rain forests and other green that is being wiped out. Never hear about that from the blowhards in DC that all into their carbon credits and for profit politics.

tstolze
Premium
join:2003-08-08
O Fallon, MO
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to aurgathor
I agree with the above comments, yes we are effecting the climate but have no hard evidence as our climate records really don't go back that far.

I saw an article about the Greenland ice melt, only to find out that these type of events are evident in ice cores, they occur about every 150 years.

Yes it has been hot, but so were the late 80's, early 50's and the 30's.....
--
Ofallon, Mo Weather
St. Peters, Mo Weather