Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT
kudos:1
reply to Subaru

Re: Need a GPS with these features

You know google now has offline maps.. well just looking still no good.. It wont let you go much out of state before saying the area is too large and to zoom in..

Just the CT/NY/NJ area is like 48MB and any more it says too large.

OZO
Premium
join:2003-01-17
kudos:2

Additionally to not supporting off-line maps, Google Navigation has one more vivid problem. It requires data connection to run.

If, at the moment, when it doesn't have data connection, I switch from Navigation to any other application (for example to WiFi settings to see hot spots around, or any other, for that matter) - I can't return to Google Navigation back anymore until it gets its data connection. The Navigation screen is locked (it's dark) and I can't do anything with it until it finally gets its data from outside (or, I guess, sends my data into an opposite direction)... So, I always have to remember do not switch to other apps while I'm driving (and I hope that no one will call me when I drive too.). Otherwise, if there is no data connection, I loose the Navigation... Not a good thing to discover on the road, when you may need it the most.
--
Keep it simple, it'll become complex by itself...