bryant313

join:2011-05-24
Las Vegas, NV

[NV] Cox Maintenance or Local Issue not Reported

tonight at about 3:16 am my modem dropped offline for about 20 minutes or so

i went through the usual steps reboot the modem and the router
but that seemed to get me know where

so i tried to call tech support and remembered that i have a eMTA
modem so i could not call of the lane line since i do not have a cell i waited it out

after 20-30mins or so i called tech support and was told their would be TV outages in central las vegas and internet outages in the north west part of the valley

so i spoke to a rep since i do not live in the affected areas and was told that it could have been a glitch or something local i do not know

did anyone else have their modem go offline in the south west part of the valley around 3am

also speeds and ping are fine just wanted to know what was going on thanks

bryant313

Las Vegas, NV

1 edit

my speeds are now affected mainly the upload speed and the ping time is up

update called cox again and talked to another rep and he saw that it is nor just my modem displaying these issues there a couple in the area

he said it was strange since the signals look excellent

any info is much appreciated

CoxVegas

join:2011-07-25
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:6
reply to bryant313

IM me your modem MAC and I'll see if we had an outage or something in your part of town.

bryant313

Las Vegas, NV

sent it too ya

CoxVegas

Las Vegas, NV
reply to bryant313

We were doing equipment maintenance to your CMTS at that time. It was planned work, not sure why the tech support didn't have that in front of them.

How are you measuring upload speed and ping time? What's the differences like? Is it still going on?

bryant313

Las Vegas, NV

1 edit

my upload speed was maxing out at 1.5mbps (i am on the premier plan)and my ping jumped up by half but these issues are no longer occurring

thank you for the info

bryant313

Las Vegas, NV
reply to CoxVegas

had another drop at 4:10am for 10 minutes again

was this maintenance as well?

lilstone87

join:2009-04-09
Portsmouth, VA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

1 edit

said by bryant313:

had another drop at 4:10am for 10 minutes again

was this maintenance as well?

Probably stop worrying so much about it, unless it becomes a daily thing for over a week. But between 12am-6am is cox's maintenance period. If this was happening during the day, then you should worry, but its not.

Mhowell0820

@mycingular.net
reply to bryant313

My modem has been disconnecting and reconnecting intermittently. I am in Henderson. As of today, I can't get it to reconnect. Shows at times that I am connected but can't get on the Internet.

CoxVegas

Las Vegas, NV
reply to bryant313

Yes, it was more work to your CMTS - sorry about the twice-in-a-week - we try to keep the disruptions to a minimum but this was a case of two separate projects' timelines hitting the same box in the same week.

2am to 6am is the normal work window we try to stick to. Midnight to 6am is our "extended" work window for things that are expected to take longer.

bryant313

Las Vegas, NV
reply to lilstone87

just wanted to make sure since i have had a lot of issues with cox in the past and wanted to be sure it was maintenance