how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Haullin

@rr.com
reply to DelmarPip

Re: Time Warner Cable starts rolling out lightly refreshed guide

Queens NY... Still can't stretch the guide to fill the screen.. Or can you ?

bluepoint

join:2001-03-24

1 edit
My old SA4250HDC shows the guide in 480 resolution(not stretch) but after I traded it for a newer Samsung model, the guide is stretched(default) which I think needs improvement. The guide needs to recognize the channels resolution then adjust appropriately to the resolution. Stretching the guide/title looks just like that, the letters/template are not proportioned to the screen which translate to being ugly.

Satch

join:2009-11-25
said by bluepoint:

My old SA4250HDC shows the guide in 480 resolution(not stretch) but after I traded it for a newer Samsung model, the guide is stretched(default) which I think needs improvement. The guide needs to recognize the channels resolution then adjust appropriately to the resolution. Stretching the guide/tittle looks just like that, the letters/template are not proportioned to the screen which translate to being ugly.

Because on the Samsung boxes, which stretch the guide, it is not a true HD 16x9 image, but a stretched 4x3 resolution, which disproportions the graphics. The Pioneer, SA, and Cisco boxes do not stretch the guide. (Not sure about the Motorolla boxes, as our division does not offer them in Wisconsin.)

Eventually, all Cisco and Samsung boxes WILL get a true HD guide at 16x9. But not for a long time, (1-2 years, maybe more.) The new guide development team wants to get all the bugs out of the guide first before adding any new features. Considering hardware limitations, TWC wants to work to get the boxes as uniform as possible.

However, the SA boxes, and Pioneer boxes can't do HD graphics, so you will have to get a Cisco, Samsung, or a new Motorolla to get a true HD guide from TWC. No divisions anywhere from TWC have an HD guide at this time.

Satch